The purpose of this role is to help UNFI improve our customer experience by building functional systems that will take our business to the next level. As a DevOps Engineer, this role will be working in conjunction with like-minded departments such as software engineering to deploy these new cloud products and support management of our Middleware infrastructure developing automated solutions using Ansible in an agile environment. This position needs to be detail-oriented and a skilled problem solver, also it will also have a focus on streamlining our processes-and automating them where applicable.Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop and deploy various technology solutions in the DevOps space to drive automation, monitoring, logging and infrastructure as code solutions.
- Document findings of study and prepare recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures, or organizational changes. Report findings to senior engineer, staff and management as required.
- Manage to the agile Scrum methodology framework for delivery of your technical solutions.
- Breadth and depth knowledge of constructing, refining, and maintaining information models to meet business requirement.
- With only general direction and guidance conduct special assignments of a highly complex and technical nature and develop alternative strategies which have an important effect on planning or meeting objectives.
- Provide breadth and depth technical advice and serve as a technical training resource to management and staff.
- Exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selection methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
- Plan and coordinate the day-to-day activities of a group of engineers or programmers which have the responsibility for a major technical area/system.
- Act as project lead for major projects requiring the use of project management and interpersonal skills to coordinate project interdependencies.
- Apply knowledge base technical expertise in decision making and in the resolution of problems which are highly complex and technical in nature.
- Performs other relevant job duties as required.
Education/ Certifications: (Required & Preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred
- 4+ years relevant work experience preferred in a software development environment focused on automation
- Experience in middleware operations with installation of applications such as : Apache, Tomcat and Wildfly as well as understanding of patching concepts
- Experience in vulnerability remediation concepts and approaches
- Deep level of experience in developing automated solutions and infrastructure as code
- Must have strong computer skills within stated area of engineering expertise
Other Skills/ Abilities:
- Experienced in automation of CI/CD pipelines using Ansible playbooks
- Strong working knowledge of GCP or AWS creating, managing and deploying various microservices
- Experienced using GITLAB and base knowledge of GITFLOW to manage code branching
- Familiarity with Terraform for Infrastructure as Code approach
- Experience with Hashi Corp Vault or similar for secrets management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong customer focus and demonstrated ability to work in geographically dispersed teams
- A team player proficient as agile Scrum concepts and ability to break down work tasks effectively to meet sprint needs
- Ability to manage competing priorities while working on concurrent projects and/or simultaneous support tasks across multiple business or technical units
- Logical thought process and ability to learn new systems, concepts and procedures
- Must be able to make accurate decisions related to task delegation and provide leadership in filling project and/or support team responsibilities
- Must be available to work off hours or shifts as required for enterprise support.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Additional Locations: United States of America, Rhode Island, Providence
- Schedule: Full-time