Dairy Clerk/Food Clerk DEPARTMENT:
Dairy Brief Description of Job Duties
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Rotates and replenishes dairy and/or frozen merchandise and ensures highest quality standards are met. Unloads product from trucks to store in coolers and freezers. WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Accountable and Reports to (Job Title):
Store Director, Assistant Store Director, Dairy/Frozen Food Manager, Assistant Dairy/Frozen Food Manager, PIC PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store. Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store. Assists customers by: (examples include)
Answers the department telephone promptly when called upon, and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call. Rotates and replenishes merchandise and ensures highest quality standards are met. Unloads trucks and places product in appropriate storage area. Straightens and conditions product on sales floor and refrigerated cases. Ensures cleanliness in the department cleans off the cases, sweeps the floor, etc. Builds end caps display and fills through the week as necessary. Orders product and supplies that are requested by department manager. Ensures storage area is organized, the floor is not slippery, and the temperature is constant and correct. Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress. Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines. Reports to work when scheduled and on time. Checks invoices against delivered product when asked. Responsible for proper inventory control (pricing, ordering, stocking). Protects associates and customers by removing potential hazards from the sales floor and parking lot in a timely manner. SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
(These are considered occasional in nature) Participates in the physical inventories. Assists in other areas of store as needed. Performs other job related duties and special projects as required. SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems.
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures, counting and recording.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; request supplies orally or in writing.
- Visual requirements include clarity of vision at a distance of less than 20 inches to less than 20 feet, with color vision and depth perception.
- Must be able to work shifts varying in length and times, including nights, weekends and holidays.
This position is exposed to continuous noise and temperature extremes, frequent dampness, and occasionally exposed to equipment movement hazards. This is a fast paced work environment. EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM JOB:
Box cutter, two wheeler, stock cart, ice cream carts, intercom, trash and cardboard compactor, calculator, pallet jack, Telxon, power pallet jack, fork lift and dairy crate hook. CONTACTS:
Has daily contact with co workers, suppliers/vendors and customers.