Pharmacy InternJob Overview:
Build your career in community pharmacy by developing your clinical and pharmacy operations skills with a patient-focused pharmacy team. The Pharmacy Student Intern position is a pipeline position for students who have a strong interest in becoming a Cub Pharmacist after graduation.
Pharmacy students, currently enrolled in a professional pharmacy program, assist the pharmacist and pharmacy team in processing prescription orders, providing courteous customer service, compounding (state law allowing), counseling (state law allowing) and interacting with other health care professionals.Essential Functions:
- Takes all steps required to fill prescriptions in compliance with all laws, regulations, and company policies and procedures regarding the sale of pharmaceuticals including: Retrieves the product(s); counts, pours or measures out the required quantity according to established company methods and procedures; affixes the label permanently to the container
- Assists with and responds in a courteous and professional manner to questions from customers and physicians with regard to knowledge of prescription and health-related products and issues
- Offers advice and professional consultation in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations
- Maintains all state and federal record keeping for controlled substances
- Accesses the pharmacy computer software system to obtain complete patient record (on both cash and third party prescriptions) and verifies third party plan parameters
- Monitors and orders product from distribution center or other appropriate source as necessary
Why Work for Cub Pharmacies?
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited Doctor of Pharmacy Program in the United States (preference given to students in their first or second year)
- Must hold a valid state intern license (when student is eligible)
- Ability to work a minimum of 10 hours per week on average, and readily adapt to changes in the schedule
- Ability to cooperate with others and work as part of a team
Cub Pharmacies focus on meaningful patient relationships, exceptional pharmacy teams, effective use of technology and clinical programs. We provide an environment that allows our pharmacists to offer exceptional patient care and build relationships in our communities. Become part of our pharmacy team and grow into clinical, management, operations and support services opportunities at over 70 locations