Pharmacy TechnicianJob Overview:
The Pharmacy Technician assists the Pharmacy Manager and/or Staff Pharmacists with processing prescriptions, record keeping and stock support to Pharmacy. The position is also responsible for maintaining shelf stock to ensure maximum product availability and sales. Primary learning challenge is computer operation, accuracy and product knowledge. To be effective in this position you must have the ability to communicate with customers and other employees within the pharmacy. Furthermore, the Pharmacy Technician must maintain and follow all board of Pharmacy regulations as well as store and Pharmacy department policies and procedures. Knowledge of pharmacy operations is preferred for this position. Must be organized, be able to work on a number of tasks at one time, and work with minimum supervision. The incumbent must possess strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assists the pharmacist in filling prescriptions
- Verifies and gathers needed demographic and insurance information for written prescriptions received
- Contacts prescribers for refill authorization
- Inputs prescription code and customer data into computer, prints labels
- Maintains sales records
- Ensures confidentiality of records
- Maintains knowledge of drug names
- Fills out insurance forms when necessary for customer
- Assists with measuring dosages and labeling containers
- Order, check-in and stock prescription medications
- Process prescription returns
- Responsible for accurately processing customers' orders through ensuring price accuracy and product knowledge
- - Follows proper currency handling and cash register procedures
- - Notifies Pricing Coordinator of department price discrepancies
- - Maintains familiarity with all product, product location and bottle location
- Ensures positive customer relations
- - Properly greets and thanks customers
- - Provides prompt and courteous service
- - Assists customers with product location, questions and refers to Pharmacist as necessary
- Performs department receiving and stocking
- - Fills, rotates and straightens shelf stock
- - Properly maintains ends and displays
- - Pulls back stock
- - Verifies invoices with product received and fills necessary paperwork for discrepancies
- Miscellaneous responsibilities include:
- -Assists in ordering
- -Pulls bottles of drugs for Pharmacists to fill prescriptions
- -Organizes and cleans
- -Maintains Board of Pharmacy regulations
- Ability to communicate through two-way verbal and written communication (speech, hearing and writing).
- Ability to operate and use as needed various office equipment (personal computer, telephone, fax).
- Ability to work extended hours, including weekends and evenings.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to write and see things in close proximity (reading distance).
- Ability to comprehend written and verbal communication.
Why work at Cub?
Join the exciting, fast-paced store and pharmacy environments at Cub. Cub offers career opportunities throughout the Midwest to talented people with the determination to make a difference for our customer. Not only does Cub offer a comprehensive benefits package, it's also a unique workplace where opportunities abound. Cub is a part of the broader SUPERVALU grocery network that operates grocery retail stores across the United States.
We encourage FRESH thinking, offer an environment of inclusion and support, and set no boundaries on your achievement!A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!