Position Title: Grocery Stocker Grocery ClerkAccountable to: Grocery ManagerJob Overview:
To stock, rotate and face product, cut and sort grocery deliveries and build displays as required for daily sales and to ensure a positive shopping experience for customersJob Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Performs department stocking as assigned.
- Meets or exceeds production requirements, complete all assigned tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
- Maintains individual assignment card, documents fixed activities, records piece count and production time.
- Follows case cutting standards, ensure correct placement of stock.
- Handle product carefully to avoid damage, rotate and face product as required.
- Performs cutting and sorting of grocery loads as assigned.
- Cuts cases proper to avoid product damage.
- Sort stock by aisle, loads onto cart or pallet in stable manner and moves to proper location for stocking.
- Performs display building as assigned.
- Prepares location according to instruction and cuts, stocks and faces display product. Restock, rotate and face as needed.
- Assists in completing grocery order as assigned.
- Performs cleanup of sales floor and back room as necessary by picking up and compacting cardboard, stacks pallets, cleans up spills and stores overstock.
- Cleans shelves and racking as needed.
- Utilize protective devices as required.
- Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
- Protects associates and customers by removing potential hazards from the sales floor and parking lot in a timely manner.
My Cub. My Way.
- Must be able to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete variables.
- Must have the ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Have the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies verbally or in writing.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with depth perception, and field of vision.
- Must be able to work shifts varying in length and time, including nights, weekends and holidays.
We provide our customers the best grocery experience period by personalizing our customers' evolving needs with innovation, convenience and by supporting the communities we serve through delivering quality, variety and fresh groceries.
At Cub, employment is built on a foundation of diversity and inclusion that enhances and enables our associates' career development through education and training. We pride ourselves in having a strong team of passionate employees who provide exceptional service. Every employee has the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our customers.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status