Grocery Stocker / Grocery ClerkJob Overview:
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Stocks, rotates and face product, cuts and sorts grocery deliveries and builds displays as required for daily sales and to ensure a positive shopping experience for customers. Rotates and replenishes merchandise and ensures highest quality standards are met. Unloads product from trucks using powered pallet jack, breaking load down onto stock carts, and transferring to sales floor. Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
• Primary emphasis in this position is on meeting daily needs in stocking, load cutting, sorting and display building in order to ensure maximum department sales, product availability and provide high level of customer service.
- Count load to assure proper quantity. Check invoices against delivered product when asked.
• Performs display building as assigned, prepares location according to instruction and cuts, stocks and faces display product.
- Rotates and replenishes merchandise and ensures highest quality standards are met.
- Unloads trucks using power pallet jacks and forklift to place product in appropriate storage area.
- Conditioning shelves and displays, straightening product and pulling cardboard.
- Ensures cleanliness in the department cleans off shelves, sweeps the floor, etc.
• Performs cutting and sorting of grocery stock loads as assigned. Meets or exceeds production requirements. Cuts cases properly to avoid product damage. Properly sorts stock by aisle, loads onto cart or pallet in stable manner and moves to proper aisle for stocking.
• Performs cleanup of sales floor and back room as necessary, picks up/compacts cardboard, stacks pallets, and cleans up spills, stores overstock.
• Protects associates and customers by removing potential hazards from the sales floor and parking lot in a timely manner.
• Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.Job Requirements:
• Lifting ad carrying over 50 lbs., pushing/pulling up to 50 force lbs., equipment operation (scanner, register, scale, check approval machine, coupon machine, intercom), reaching, standing, turning, squatting, stooping/bending, walking.
• Must have the ability to solve practical problems.
• Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; counting and recording.
• Must be able to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; request supplies orally or in writing.
• Visual requirements include clarity of vision at a distance of less than 20 inches to less than 20 feet, with color vision and depth perception. Must be able to read the descriptions on the boxes and shelf tags to place merchandise in the proper locations.
• Must be able to work shifts varying in length and times, including nights, weekends and holidays.My Cub. My Way.
We provide our customers the best grocery experience period by personalizing our customers' evolving needs with innovation, convenience and by supporting the communities we serve through delivering quality, variety and fresh groceries.
At Cub, employment is built on a foundation of diversity and inclusion that enhances and enables our associates' career development through education and training. We pride ourselves in having a strong team of passionate employees who provide exceptional service. Every employee has the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our customers.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status