Cake Decorator Job Overview:
To provide quality bakery products that meet the customer needs, ensures customer satisfaction and a positive shopping experience. Emphasis in this position is to ensure consistent product quality in meeting daily needs in the bakery department. This position requires creativity, attention to detail and on-going customer interaction while maintaining production requirements. This position requires knowledge of bakery production and product preparation, food safety regulations, judgment/decision making, social skills/verbal interaction, memorization, reading, writing and math. Position functions and work hours may vary according to business needs. Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Answers the department telephone promptly when called upon, and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
- Records cake orders accurately and completely. Reviews orders for the day and processes accordingly.
- Follow approved decorating styles and creates new decorations as appropriate, complete production assignments, ensure consistent quality and accuracy in decorating
- Prepare and wrap bakery product, follow safe food handling and preparation processes, apply icing, glazes, or drizzles as required, prepare cakes; applies decoration as requested, slice and bag bread and buns.
- Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
- Reviews the status and appearance of the food for freshness.
- Anticipates product needs for the department on a daily basis.
- Prepares, finishes, and replenishes product as necessary.
- Checks in product, puts product away, and may review invoices.
- Clean all equipment in the Bakery department on a daily basis.
- Responsible for proper inventory control (pricing, stocking, ordering).
- Insures that all food is handled in accordance with local health department regulations.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., carrying up to 50 lbs., pushing/pulling up to 20 pound's, equipment operation (shrink wrap, label machine, bread slicer, knives), turning, bending, repetitive motions (twisting and clipping bags, labeling, wrapping, shrink wrapped items), reaching, standing.
- Mental requirements include good judgment/decision making, memorization, math, reading, basic computer skills.
- Extended exposure to varied temperatures and wet surfaces
- Must be able to solve arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; request supplies orally or in writing.
- Must have the ability to handle refrigerated and frozen levels of temperature when retrieving product from freezer
- Must be able to work shifts varying in length and times, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Why work at Cub?
Join the exciting, fast-paced store and pharmacy environments at Cub. Cub offers career opportunities throughout the Midwest to talented people with the determination to make a difference for our customer. Not only does Cub offer a comprehensive benefits package, it's also a unique workplace where opportunities abound. Cub is a part of the broader SUPERVALU grocery network that operates grocery retail stores across the United States.
We encourage FRESH thinking, offer an environment of inclusion and support, and set no boundaries on your achievement!A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!