Position Title: Bakery HelperAccountable to: Bakery ManagerJob Overview:
To provide wrapping, stocking and customer service support for the Bakery Department required for meeting the daily sales and to ensure a positive shopping experience for customers.Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assist customers by:
- Greet customers
- Answer customer questions; provides product sampling and suggestive selling
- Bring customers to location of item, when needed
- Assists with product replacement and price checks
- Answer bakery telephone calls promptly
- Records cake orders accurately and completely
- Assist at check-out lanes as needed
- Perform price checks check-out lanes
- Prepare and wrap bakery product:
- Follow safe food handling and preparation processes
- Apply icing, glazes, or drizzles as required
- Prepare cakes; applies decoration as requested
- Slice and bag bread and buns
- Transfer product to trays or containers
- Shrink wrap when appropriate
- Accurately labels and prices all wrapped product
- Stock, rotate and face bakery product while pulling stales and writing down product, quantity and retail.
- Prepare sales area by cleaning cases and bins, check price and verify sign and product price.
- Assist with Department merchandising as directed.
- Build and maintain department displays, decorate the department and assist with seasonal resets.
- Maintain cross-merchandised product throughout the store and assist in maintaining proper signage.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal guidelines regarding WIC and food stamps.
- Required to know value, look-up numbers, department numbers, and features of items for which money is received.
- Stocks, faces and rotates merchandise, cleans shelves, understands shelf tags, knows location of merchandise in the store and in the back room, and if available, takes customers to an item.
- Perform clean up of department by assisting with breaking down and cleaning equipment and maintain conditions in the back room.
- Assist with department shop back functions, clean shelves, racking and cases as needed and use personal protective devices (splash goggles, chemical resistant gloves) as required.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
My Cub. My Way.
- Must be able to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete variables.
- Must have the ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Have the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies verbally or in writing.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with depth perception, and field of vision.
- Must be able to work shifts varying in length and time, including nights, weekends and holidays.
We provide our customers the best grocery experience period by personalizing our customers' evolving needs with innovation, convenience and by supporting the communities we serve through delivering quality, variety and fresh groceries.
At Cub, employment is built on a foundation of diversity and inclusion that enhances and enables our associates' career development through education and training. We pride ourselves in having a strong team of passionate employees who provide exceptional service. Every employee has the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our customers.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status