Loss Prevention Specialist
Accountable To: District Loss Prevention Manager
To monitor and protect store property, assets, customers and employees through the proper utilization of specified investigative procedures and enforcement of store security rules and regulations.
Nature and Scope
Emphasis in this position is on specified investigative procedures and apprehension of shoplifters and dishonest employees. Prior training or experience in law enforcement or security is desirable. Knowledge of related state and local regulations and Cub security policies is required. Position required to respond in a tactful and discretionary manner when confronting and diffusing situations of a sensitive nature. Requires good confidentiality on company-related matters. Majority of time is spent on store surveillance. Incumbent is required to thoroughly document all incidents and submit routinely to the Loss Prevention Supervisor. The Loss Prevention Supervisor provides specific direction or guidance with regard to investigation of employees, incidents involving possible physical confrontations, potential court cases or unusual circumstances. This position requires ongoing judgment/decision making, reading, writing, walking and standing. Position functions and work hours may vary according to business needs. Assignments and work direction are provided by the Division Loss Prevention Supervisor or Manager.
The LP Officer position is a non-uniform officer position which involves patrolling store and parking lot, providing excellent customer service, along with identifying and apprehending those responsible for theft of company assets in a variety of Cub stores throughout the Twin Cities metro area. It is a great position to start off in the Retail Loss Prevention field.
The positions available are both part time and full time and provide flexibility to work around school schedules.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Desire and ability to identify and prevent loss in a retail environment.
- Ability to prepare accurate, thorough written reports documenting incidents.
- Demonstrates a high degree of responsibility regarding attendance, decision making, and following company policies.
- Ability and desire to work a flexible schedule often composed of mid-shifts, late-shifts, and weekends.
- Availability for occasional overnight work.
- Represent the Loss Prevention department with a high degree of professionalism in all interactions.
- Ability to maintain open communication and strong partnerships with Store and Loss Prevention leadership.
- Demonstrate a desire and capacity to personally grow and develop for future potential advancement.
Why work at Cub?
Join the exciting, fast-paced store and pharmacy environments at Cub. Cub offers career opportunities throughout the Midwest to talented people with the determination to make a difference for our customer. Not only does Cub offer a comprehensive benefits package, it's also a unique workplace where opportunities abound. Cub is a part of the broader SUPERVALU grocery network that operates grocery retail stores across the United States.
We encourage FRESH thinking, offer an environment of inclusion and support, and set no boundaries on your achievement!
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
- Additional Locations: United States of America, Minnesota, Blaine; United States of America, Minnesota, Blaine; United States of America, Minnesota, Fridley; United States of America, Minnesota, Blaine; United States of America, Minnesota, Blaine; United States of America, Minnesota, Fridley; United States of America, Minnesota, Blaine
- Schedule: Full-time