Position Title: Produce Stocker/ Produce Clerk
Accountable to: Produce Manager
To stock, rotate and face product, cut and sort produce deliveries and build displays as required for daily sales and to ensure a positive shopping experience for customers
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Performs department stocking as assigned.
- Complete assigned tasks in an efficient and timely manner; meet or exceed production requirements;
- Maintain department conditions; product availability and placement, display to shelf stocking, facing, culling, rotation, cleanliness and safety, and signing.
- Follows case cutting standards, ensure correct placement of stock.
- Handle product carefully to avoid damage, rotate and face product for freshness and quality.
- Maintain floral items as needed
- Perform cutting, wrapping and prepares greens.
- Follow safe food handling and sanitation policies and procedures, prepare pre-cut fruit display, trim and wrap vegetables, follow crisping program for greens and prepare seasonal fruit baskets.
- Receive product, unload trucks and sort produce loads as assigned.
- Check product received for correct type and amount, properly log information and check invoices.
- Verify product quality, freshness and checks for damage, code and date all product for cooler storage.
- Properly sort product, load onto cart of pallet in stable manner and move to proper location for stocking.
- Performs display building as assigned.
- Assists in completing produce order as assigned.
- Performs cleanup of sales floor and back room as necessary by picking up and compacting cardboard, stacks pallets, cleans up spills and stores overstock.
- Ensure department is swept and sweep log is current.
- Utilize protective devices as required.
- Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
- Protects associates and customers by removing potential hazards from the sales floor and parking lot in a timely manner.
- Must be able to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete variables.
- Must have the ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Have the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies verbally or in writing.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with depth perception, and field of vision.
- Must be able to work shifts varying in length and time, including nights, weekends and holidays.
My Cub. My Way.
We provide our customers the best grocery experience period by personalizing our customers' evolving needs with innovation, convenience and by supporting the communities we serve through delivering quality, variety and fresh groceries.
At Cub, employment is built on a foundation of diversity and inclusion that enhances and enables our associates' career development through education and training. We pride ourselves in having a strong team of passionate employees who provide exceptional service. Every employee has the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our customers.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status