Cub is looking for talented, energetic managers to join our team as Assistant Store Directors in our Twin Cities store locations. The ASD will manage the store in the absence of the Store Director. The ASD will organize and direct store activities to ensure total store sales, profit and expense goals. The ASD will directly manage the Grocery and Fresh Departments. There are several layer of promotional opportunities within our stores and this position is a great way to gain strong management skills while mentoring and training store employees and instilling extraordinary customer service in our Cub Food stores.Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Promotes a customer-focused approach to growth by creating an atmosphere of enthusiastic personalized customer service. In the absence of the Store Director, resolves customer relations issues. Provides leadership to create and maintain positive public relations and involvement with the community.
- Provides leadership and direction to all store associates. Trains and supervises all Department Managers (except Pharmacy & Service Operations) and other store associates in all store activities, policies, and procedures. Interviews and selects individuals to fill grocery/drug jobs.
- Responsible for the profitability of the total store. Practices aggressive cost control for all in-store operating, maintenance and supply costs. Ensures that individual departments effectively schedule work hours and control overtime expenditures. Follows proper administrative procedures and completes all required reports.
- Ensures proper merchandising of product by understanding and following schematics and merchandising of weekly merchandising newsletter. Participates in all store activities in order to maximize sales, earnings, and customer satisfaction in the store. Implements Company and Regional merchandising, operating and advertising policies & procedures. Meets frequently with Department Managers to review ads, sales plans, store conditions, store promotions. Works to attain budgeted sales and profit goals.
- Reviews and analyzes P&L statements. Develops and implements plans to reduce department shrink. Determines labor coverage needs for departments based on an analysis of current and projected sales and market conditions, and schedules associates based on those needs.
- Determines proper inventory levels in departments and establishes procedures for maintaining proper inventory levels to eliminate out-of-stock conditions. Coordinates all communication to venders on product amounts and placement. Supervises the receipt of stock by associates.
- Monitors and complies with government and Company safety and sanitation regulations and wage and hour laws. Manages pricing integrity in the store by providing support to the Scanning Department and ensuring proper signing standards.
My Cub. My Way.
- Department Manager experience preferred.
- Fresh department experience preferred.
- College degree preferred.
- Good management, leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Requires a thorough understanding of store operations and Company practices, policies and procedures.
- Ability to work varying shifts and days of the week (may include evenings, weekends, early morning or late shifts).
- Requires the ability to interpret profit and loss statements. Requires the knowledge and ability to implement emergency procedures in the event of equipment and computer software malfunctions.
We provide our customers the best grocery experience period by personalizing our customers' evolving needs with innovation, convenience and by supporting the communities we serve through delivering quality, variety and fresh groceries.
At Cub, employment is built on a foundation of diversity and inclusion that enhances and enables our associates' career development through education and training. We pride ourselves in having a strong team of passionate employees who provide exceptional service. Every employee has the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our customers.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
- Additional Locations: United States of America, Minnesota, Saint Paul; United States of America, Minnesota, MINNEAPOLIS; United States of America, Minnesota, Maplewood; United States of America, Minnesota, Apple Valley; United States of America, Minnesota, Maple Grove; United States of America, Minnesota, Cottage Grove; United States of America, Minnesota, Brooklyn Park; United States of America, Minnesota, Burnsville; United States of America, Minnesota, White Bear Lake; United States of America, Minnesota, Blaine; United States of America, Minnesota, Arden Hills; United States of America, Minnesota, Plymouth; United States of America, Minnesota, Richfield; United States of America, Minnesota, Champlin; United States of America, Minnesota, Eagan
- Schedule: Full-time