The Corporate Staff Accountant assists with all month end close and reporting needs and requirements for various corporate general ledger, consolidation and internal financial reporting in the Company.Job Responsibilities:
- Perform corporate month-end closing activities such as preparing journal entries for areas such as prepaids, accruals and departmental reclasses.
- Assist with the compilation of the monthly financial close and consolidation, including eliminations and allocations.
- Assist with the preparation of supporting documentation for the quarterly and annual SEC filings.
- Assist with historical trend analysis for balance sheet and P&L.
- Coordinate with divisional and Corporate Departments to ensure complete and accurate reporting.
- Investigate transactions that appear to deviate from normal parameters.
- Prepare various balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist with the enhancement of policies and procedures.
- Assist in special projects as assigned which include, but are not limited to, facilitating improving manual inputs/process.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
- Minimum 1-2 years GAAP accounting experience
- Experience with Oracle G/L software experience highly preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including strong Excel skills
- Detail oriented, good organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors
- Dependable, responsible team player
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to work independently, self-starter
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Additional Locations: United States of America, Minnesota, Eden Prairie
- Schedule: Full-time