The Communications Specialist will primarily support company-wide communications vehicles, including UNFI's internal business social media application, email communications, Intranet portals, and other cross-company initiatives. The Communications Specialist will have responsibility for providing certain leadership communications, writing and drafting internal content, and working with our Video Communications Manager to generate scripts and engaging video content. Further responsibilities will include interviewing associates, gathering story information and partnering with others on the team to deliver timely and accurate communications that inform, inspire and engage.RESPONSIBILITIES:
JOB REQUIREMENTS:Education/Certifications: (Required & Preferred)
- Serve on UNFI Canada team and support content creators/channel champions across offices and distribution centers incorporating US communication messaging into Canadian appropriate content.
- Lead training and provide user support for roll out to UNFI Canada
- Oversee development and management of annual editorial calendar and coordinate consistent, timely communication posts through various communication vehicles
- Provide governance and editorial review/content review to ensure all communication meets required guidelines
- Work closely with IT to maintain and generate UNFI email distribution lists (as needed)
- Develop, prepare and distribute emails to all UNFI audiences
- Design PPT slides, infographics, and newsletters to support various communication needs
- Develop, prepare and post communications to company portals
- Provide communication support to HR team, develop communication materials for onboarding initiatives, and manage talent acquisition
- Provide communication writing and editing to other senior leadership as determined by VP of Communications.
- This would include working with our Safety team on a multi-year safety initiative with multiple communication channels and audiences.
- Provide strategic communication support for company events, including but not limited to trade shows. This work will involve writing and editing printed materials, organizing on-stage presentations and leading video development.
- Other communication duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in related field and/or equivalent related experience
- Minimum of five (5) years working on a corporate communications team or at a PR/communications agency
- Strong writing, proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to understand and write for the needs of multiple audiences
- Strong verbal communications (presentation, meeting and phone skills)
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint - Outlook a plus)
- Experience working with and supporting an internal business social media tool (such as Social Chorus)
- Experience working with Photoshop and InDesign a plus
- Ability to pick up concepts quickly and work independently with minimal direction
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with all levels of co-workers, including executives