CLASS-A DRIVERS NEEDED!
As a company critical to the needs of everyday people, we are remaining open despite the ongoing situation with COVID-19 and are looking to hire people just like YOU to help keep America fed and stocked with supplies.
Join our amazing team at our Rocklin, CA Distribution Center!Job Overview:
Deliver palletized products to UNFI'S corporate and independent retail stores in various states/cities across the state and Country. We operate state of the art, brand new equipment (oldest truck is 2 years old). Utilize lift gates and electric pallet jacks for offloading. Compensation and Benefits:
Starting pay is $22.25. Annual raises guaranteed.
Long list of per-diems, safety bonus program and employee purchase program.
PTO accrual based on hours worked, min. 4 hours accrued per pay period.
Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, etc. Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Ensure compliance with company procedures as outlined in UNFI. Drivers' Handbook and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (DOT).
• Perform required vehicle safety inspections before, during and after dispatch.
• Comply with federal hours of service requirements.
• Correctly execute daily log and trip report.
• Immediately report all accidents involving company equipment to appropriate manager.
• Comply with Federal and State mandated traffic laws and established company safety procedures.
• Maintain basic familiarity and compliance with FMCS regulations. Maintain schedule of deliveries per dispatch instructions.Job Requirements:
• Valid Class A CDL license.
• 1 year driving experience (CDL or NOT) with proof of graduation from an accredited commercial driving school.
• Clean driver record.
• Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Good customer service skills.
• Ability to sit for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift cases weighing up to 90 pounds in the event of a customer assist delivery.
If you are looking for longevity, stability and a family-like team dynamic, this is the company for you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.