Responsible for delivering products to customers. Loads and unloads the truck in a safe and timely manner according to UNFI procedures. Minimizes delays and reports problems. Picks up supplies and back-hauls from vendors.Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Performs pre and post trip inspections of vehicle utilizing knowledge of safe and effective loading and handling procedures. Reviews paperwork for completeness and accuracy. Checks orders for correct number of boxes, correct addresses, and support documentation.
- Completes time cards, enters trip data into on-board computer and completes paper logs if necessary. Complies with FMCSA regulations.
- Delivers and unloads products utilizing equipment including tractor trailer, ramps, lift gates, pallet jacks, load bars and other devices which assist delivery. Verifies piece count, leaves the appropriate paperwork and secures the required signatures and store stamps (when applicable) on delivery documents.
- Operates vehicle safely within UNFI guidelines minimizing accidents, traffic violations and complaints from the public.
- Reports any accident immediately to the Transportation Manager/Department.
- Keeps vehicles well maintained, safe, and secure. Reports any defects promptly using DCVR form.
- Picks up supplies and back hauls from vendors. Completes related paperwork.
- Addresses and resolves customer problems as appropriate.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Valid medical card as prescribed by the Federal Motor Carrier Administration and a valid state specific
- Commercial Drivers License, Class A.
- Ability to pass a written exam and road test.
- Basic knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) laws and mandates.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be at least 21 years of age
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. UNFI is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.