Earn up to $29.20 per/hr.
Laid off or losing hours because of the Coronavirus? UNFI has high paying jobs and consistent, fulfilling work available NOW and AFTER the COVID-19 Pandemic!
Join our team and immediately become part of the largest distributor of conventional, natural, organic and specialty products in the United States and Canada. We serve over 43,000 customer locations with 200,000 different products. Our Warehouse associates supply thousands of consumers with better for you food that nourishes families nationwide. Our retailers range from small family owned stores to Wholefoods Markets and everything in between. Are you ready to make an impact on the lives of others and feel good about what you do? Join our growing Driver team today!Benefits
- Health and Wellness:
- Comprehensive Medical insurance coverage with prescription drug coverage.
- Dental and Vision insurance.
- Healthcare Spending Accounts with convenient debit car
- Income Protection:
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Work Life Balance:
- Healthy Food Purchasing Discount Program
- Wellness Portal
- Hybrid Vehicle Incentive Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company / Family Events
- Company volunteer opportunities
- Recognition Program
- Estate Guidance
- Travel Assistance
- Associate Relief Fund
- Corporate Giving:
- Hunger: improving access to nutritious food for at-risk communities
- Environment: supporting local preservation, conservation & restoration
- Agriculture: supporting organic local agriculture & organic farming practices
- Pre and post trip inspection of their vehicle utilizing safe and effective loading and handling procedures.
- Reviewing paperwork for completeness and accuracy, checking orders for correct number of boxes, correcting addresses and support documentation, completing time cards, entering trip data into on-board computer.
- Complying with FMCSA regulations.
- Delivering and unloading products utilizing equipment, including tractor trailer, ramps, lift gates, pallet jacks, load bars, and other devices which assist delivery.
- Operating vehicle safely within UNFI guidelines minimizing accidents, traffic violations, and complaints from the public.
- Keeping vehicles well maintained, safe, and secure; reporting any defects promptly using.
- Supplies and back hauls from vendors while completing related paperwork.
- Addressing and resolving customer problems as appropriate.
- Ensuring customer orders arrive in quality condition.
- Communicating professionally with customers and vendors.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Valid medical card as prescribed by the Federal Motor Carrier Administration and a valid state specific Commercial Driver's License.
- Ability to pass a written exam and road test.
- Basic knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) law and mandates and understanding of UNFI's safety standards.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- System implementation experience is preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.