UNFI is growing and is looking for Delivery Drivers to join our team! As a company critical to the needs of everyday people, we are remaining open despite the ongoing situation with COVID-19 and are looking to hire people just like YOU to help keep America fed and stocked with supplies.Job Overview:
Deliver palletized products to UNFI's corporate and independent retail stores in various states across the Country.Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Complying with FMCSA regulations
- Delivering and unloading products utilizing equipment, including tractor trailer, ramps, lift gates, pallet jacks, load bars, and other devices which assist delivery.
- Operating vehicle safely within UNFI guidelines minimizing accidents, traffic violations, and complaints from the public.
- Reporting any accident immediately to the Transportation Manager/Department.
- Keeping vehicles well maintained, safe, and secure; reporting any defects promptly using DCVR form
- Picking up supplies and back hauls from vendors while completing related paperwork
- Addressing and resolving customer problems as appropriate.
- Ensuring customer orders arrive in quality condition and correspond precisely to the initial order
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid medical card as prescribed by the Federal Motor Carrier Administration and a valid state specific Commercial Driver's License (Class A and CDL Drivers require respective licensing)
- Ability to pass a written exam and road test
- Basic knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) law and mandates and understanding of UNFI's safety standards
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Looking for candidates with at least 1 full year of experience preferred 3-5 years.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Additional Locations: United States of America, Indiana, Portage; United States of America, Indiana, Merrillville; United States of America, Indiana, Valparaiso
- Schedule: Full-time