As a company critical to the needs of everyday people, we are remaining open despite the ongoing situation with COVID-19 and are looking to hire people just like YOU to help keep America fed and stocked with supplies.$7,500 Sign On Bonus + Safety Bonuses, Annual Raises, Medical/Dental/Vision/Retirement BenefitsNight Schedule -
6pm-2:30am 5 Days Per WeekPOSITION PURPOSE:
Makes sure trailers of products arrive at destination on time. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Delivers to customers on assigned routes in a manner that meets delivery time expectations and customer needs.
- Operates a commercial tractor trailer to make deliveries in a courteous and professional manner.
- Provides customer service during the delivery transaction.
- Ensures that the customer is satisfied with their product and the service.
- Operates the commercial vehicle on the roadways in a safe and consistent manner.
- Complies with all known laws that apply to commercial vehicle operation.
- Moves, stacks and palletizes the product for the purpose of delivery to customers.
- Operates electric pallet jacks, hand pallet jacks, and hand trucks
- Transfers loaded trailers from one yard to another and returns the empty trailers from the previous day.
- Ensures that the trailer is loaded and ready for the route to be started on time.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid medical card as prescribed by Federal Motor Carrier Administration
- Valid Class A commercial drivers' license required.
- Basic knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) laws and mandates.
- Pallet jack experience preferred
- Knowledge of the on board computer system for truck tracking and handheld delivery device for proof of delivery
- Minimum of two years commercial driving experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Only one moving violation is permissible on 3 year DMV record
- System implementation experience is preferred
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Good math skills
- Good time management skills
- Good computer skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Additional Locations: United States of America, California, Hayward
- Schedule: Full-time