The Category Specialist is responsible for executing specialized support tasks in a specific merchandising department. These functions are exercised across various systems and require timely input with a high level of accuracy. Will provide support tasks related to executing sales and merchandising strategies.Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Gathers and inputs information into the promotional planning systems and communicates that information to the appropriate retailers, vendors and/or regions.
- Responsible for keeping information related to assortment and item maintenance accurate in the appropriate systems. Updating line codes (Master item groups) accordingly.
- Communicates pricing guidelines and recommendations to the appropriate retailers and regions. Ensures accurate input of pricing information and deals in conjunction with Category Manager.
- Responsible for accurate input of deals and deal approval into the appropriate systems. Assists the Category Manager in accurate record keeping associated to contracts, deals and promotions. Including SOX compliance
- Provides as needed support to the Category Manager related to planning. Assists in gathering appropriate information, record keeping and filing related to planning process.
- Acts as a point of contact for customer requests or questions and is a liaison between other business planning groups.
- Reviews and approves vendor promotions.
- Proofs ad planner to ensure accuracy of items and allowances.
- Information gathering, compiling and spread sheet creation
- Develops, maintains and reviews basic Excel templates and reports
- Provides Vendor support as necessary such as sending samples or picking up product and epass dispute research
- 2-year degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years retail and/or supply chain merchandising experience with solid understanding of operations, systems, category management and merchandising
- Strong planning and organizational skills will be required. Must have the ability to use basic Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Power Point, etc.) and use them to organize information.
- Basic understanding of business planning and category management preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, matrixed environment. Must be able to work effectively within your own team while developing strong relationships with others such as other internal teams, vendors and customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective business relationships
- Strong attention to detail. Accurate input of information into multiple systems is critical to this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.