Provides prompt and friendly service to customers and assist them when necessary. Operates a cash register and all the duties which correspond to this activityJob Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
- Operates cash register accurately and scans all product.
- Redeems promotional coupons, food stamps, WIC checks, rain checks, receives cash, checks, EFT transactions, in-store charges and figures discounts, as well as, counts back change, issues receipts and Catalina coupons.
- Places merchandise in cart in a neat, organized fashion. Assists courtesy personnel as needed.
- Answers customer questions and concerns and follows-up with appropriate personnel.
- Understands and follows local, state, and company policies on sales of tobacco and liquor.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal guidelines regarding WIC and food stamps.
- Required to know value, look-up numbers, department numbers, and features of items for which money is received.
- Stocks, faces and rotates merchandise, cleans shelves, understands shelf tags, knows location of merchandise in the store and also in the back room, and if available, takes customers to an item.
- Perceives immediate surroundings for customer needs and problems for store safety and security.
- Communicates clearly and distinctly on the intercom or telephone system.
- Reviews weekly store ad to note price changes and sale items.
- Keeps register area clean and adheres to "5S" standards, ensures adequate supplies are ready and available, and helps maintain the store appearance.
- Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
- Protects associates and customers by removing potential hazards from the sales floor and parking lot in a timely manner.
Why Work for Supervalu?
- Must be able to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete variables.
- Must have the ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Have the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies verbally or in writing.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with depth perception, and field of vision.
- Must be able to work shifts varying in length and time, including nights, weekends and holidays.
SUPERVALU Inc. is one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the U.S. with annual sales of approximately $17 billion. SUPERVALU serves customers across the United States through a network of almost 3,400 stores. Headquartered in Minnesota, SUPERVALU has about 35,000 employees. We know that bright, motivated people are the reason for our success. Because of our employees, we've been providing the best service to our customers for more than 135 years.
We encourage FRESH thinking, offer an environment of inclusion and support, and set no boundaries on your achievement!
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.