This role will be part of the Brands+ Merchandising team, which supports the entire organization in analyzing and providing business insights on a variety of issues and opportunities. This role will translate data and analyses into concise presentations that our management team will utilize to make informed decisions. This role will conduct financial and pricing analysis, forecasting, budgeting, and work on special projects. The overall goal of this role is to identify opportunities that will improve our overall operating efficiency and profitability. This is a high visibility role and will regularly interact with departments across the organization.Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Conduct profitability studies of processes and identify opportunities to improve margins.
- Provide business insights and competitor intelligence to support the development of initiative strategies, forecasts and performance reporting.
- Provide analytical and quantitative secondary research support to the business by accessing, verifying and organizing market trend, competitive intelligence and sales data using a variety of sources such as Data Warehouse, Nielsen and IRI syndicated data.
- Monitor and report on changes in process improvements and margin performance and the impact it may have to our annual operating plan targets. This information will provide inputs to the forecast and budget planning processes.
- Involved in performing ad hoc analysis, which will include a strong focus on operations and sales studies to identify alternatives of doing business to improve business practices, efficiencies, and profitability.
- Define project plans to deliver business improvement initiatives. Manage the execution of project plans to ensure the changes are completed in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Maintain regular scorecards to track sales, gross profit dollars, expense reduction or other projected benefits of implemented improvement initiatives.
- Partner with management and IT on automating performance metrics, audit reports, and pricing programs that currently are managed and maintained manually.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics or related field required.
- 3+ years of general business or financial analysis experience.
- Demonstrate strong analytical, systematic thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong independent research skills. Able to ask inquisitive questions but see beyond obvious answers.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present results of analysis, data models, and other projects to management in a concise and professional manner.
- Ability to build and effectively navigate relationships within the organization.
- Strong financial modeling capabilities. Firm understanding of financial concepts and be able to apply them to help meet business objectives.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft products.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.