With the $600 stimulus ending July 31st, start your career with UNFI and begin building a Better Future.Job Overview:
The role of the Maintenance Building Mechanic role is to monitor building equipment and related systems to ensure a safe working environment for all employees. This person will also troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems, performing repairs, documenting solutions and making recommendations for further actions.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Checks on equipment in the Mechanical Room, UPS Room, Battery Room, Main Electrical Room, Generator Room, Main Telephone Room, Mail Room, Data Center, and General Office Area.
• Troubleshoots mechanical and electrical problems, performing repairs, documenting solutions and recommending further action. Maintain all Building HVAC Systems, electrical and mechanical systems and make necessary repairs. Performs preventative tasks and record required information.
• Assures that all equipment in facility including the computer room (Fire Alarm Systems, Generator, Boilers, A/C Units, Anhydrous Ammonia familiarity a plus, UPS System, UPS Batteries, Modular Power Units, Security System and Building Management System and Environmental Units) is on a preventative maintenance program and that tasks are being completed.
• Monitors preventative maintenance work done by outside contractors.
• Maintains a high technical level in troubleshooting and maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment.
• Maintains current license, inspection, permit, and certificate requirements to meet all state and local codes.
• Operates building controls and automation systems. Fine tune operating parameters. Adjust set points and schedules. Fully understand and modify building control sequences and operates the Building Automation System.
• Performs a variety of administrative tasks such as: ordering material and writing purchase orders.Job Requirements:
• Experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, welding and dock leveler maintenance desired.
• Must be able to obtain a DOT health card.
• Must be available to work all days of the week and hours of the day/night.Physical Environment:
• Frequent bending/twisting.
• Occasional pushing/pulling.
• Occasional/Frequent climbing of ladders & stairs.
• Occasional working at heights.
• Ability to lift/carry up to 30 lbs frequently / 100 lbs. occasionally.
• Frequent reaching at, above, and below shoulder level.
• During the workday the incumbent will be moving about the Distribution Center work areas on multiple levels (80% or more of the work day is spent walking/standing).
• Potential hazards exist in regard to machinery such as forklifts, pallet jacks, mechanized systems, movement of tractors and trailers, etc.
• Noise levels in most of the work areas are within acceptable limits but the use of hearing protection is required in areas that exceed acceptable ranges.
• Temperatures worked in range from -20 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.