Responsible for overseeing the general accounting functions for UNFI Canada, including general ledger and trial balance. Ensures the accuracy of all divisional financial records on a monthly and quarterly basis, including review of journal entries and account reconciliations. Monitors department procedures and policies and recommends improvements. Cooperates with Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable as well as Operations, Sales, and FP&A to ensure proper financial statement recording and flow of information necessary for decision-making. Prepares and provides month end reports to Corporate Finance and others including Management and Senior Executives in Canada as required. Reviews and approves all balance sheet reconciliations. Completes key treasury responsibilities including developing cash flow statements, banking reconciliations and general cash management.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and monitor day-to-day accounting operations and month and year end process.
- Ensure compliance with the financial procedures of the organization and taxation requirements.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly journal entries and assist in the closing process and financial statement preparation.
- Identifies, researches and resolves accounting errors and discrepancies.
- Oversee the preparation of regulatory and governmental reports.
- Prepare monthly general ledger account reconciliations and analysis.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with other department personnel to obtain information and/or to correct transactions.
- Stays informed of developments in the accounting field and of changing governmental and legal
- Completes key treasury functions such as cash flow statement, bank reconciliations and overall cash management
- Assume responsibility for related duties including special projects as required or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business
- CPA designation
- Three (3) to Five (5) years Management experience in a public or related settings.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel Skills (V-Lookup, Pivot Table, SumIfs etc.)
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be highly detailed, possess strong analytical skills with ability to get into details and reconcile accounts
- Ability to work across departments and functions to accomplish goals.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.