The Account Manager is responsible for sales in assigned geographical area and/or key accounts. They manage, direct, and coordinate all sales plans and programs. They will create partnering relationships of trust, integrity, customer satisfaction and loyalty and ensures customer compliance. They collaborate with their teams to achieve the objective of building out the store. Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Execute sales plans and goals designed to increase sales, profit margin and minimize expenses. Develops joint business plans and manages new sales opportunities and servicing of existing accounts.
- Forecast profit, volume growth and other related goals as determined. Assist with the preparation of a sales budget for assigned accounts.
- Make key decisions on addressing and identifying customer needs and concerns for assigned accounts.
- Analyze sales reporting and create strategies to drive sales. Develop and maintain a JBP that drives sales and profit margin. Responsible for sales and profit margin results for assigned account(s). Focus plans to drive sales and profit margin across product and services.
- Create and maintain partnerships with vendor, broker and other trade partners. Meet or exceed client expectations and established deadlines. Proactively drive the company's initiatives to ensure the success of the customer. Focus efforts on mutual sales and profit growth.
- Conduct regular reviews of sales activities and effectiveness. May develop promotions and incentives to increase sales and improve performance.
- Partner with cross-functional team of resources to ensure account goals are achieved. Work collaboratively with Merchandising and Services leaders to ensure department sales specialists are supporting their account goals
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of sales experience with an understanding and knowledge of products.
- Development and execution of business plans, sales plans, and/or commission programs. Aptitude for financial reporting.
- Familiarity with sales opportunities. Understanding of sales forecasting, programs, promotions and related techniques. As well as margin and company profitability.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding customer expectations. Demonstrated ability to drive new business and close sales.
- Strong technical skills and understanding systems; proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and company systems.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Ability to lead without reporting authority and interact at all levels of the business.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Additional Locations: United States of America, California, Marina del Rey
- Schedule: Full-time