Join our team and immediately become part of the largest distributor of conventional, natural, organic and specialty products in the United States and Canada. We serve over 43,000 customer locations with 200,000 different products. Our Warehouse associates supply thousands of consumers with better for you food that nourishes families nationwide. Our retailers range from small family owned stores to Wholefoods Markets and everything in between. Are you ready to make an impact on the lives of others and feel good about what you do? Join our growing Distribution team today.
Responsible for the prompt repair and ongoing maintenance of production equipment. Identify, monitor and troubleshoot problems. Keep records of work performed and complete maintenance history logs. Control and account for equipment. Ensure operation of safe and functionally sound equipment. Maintain grounds and clears parking lots. Maintain and order supplies and parts as needed. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Maintain and repair more complex machinery (form fill seal, packaging equipment, scanners, shrink wrap machine. Box erector etc.).
- Maintain printers (Weber, Videojet), Scale (Ishida, bulk weighers), Packaging equipment (Bartelt, Martini) Metal detectors (Safeline).
- Repair and maintain PIT.
- Battery Change Repair.
- Provide recommendation to repair or replace poorly functioning equipment.
- Efficiently prioritizes repair schedule to ensure an uninterrupted production schedule.
- Conduct regular facilities inspections.
- Assist in developing a preventive maintenance schedule.
- Ensure an adequate inventory of necessary spare parts and materials is maintained.
- Assist personnel as needed. Communicate regularly with personnel to ensure that repairs and maintenance needs are met and coordinated with production schedules.
- Keep management informed of areas activities and of significant concerns. Report major concerns or significant problems.
- Ensure work area is clean, secure and well maintained.
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality.
- Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location.
- Performs other job duties as required.
- High School Diploma/GED and/or equivalent related experience.
- Refrigeration Certified
- Certified Material Handling Engineer Mechanic
- ASE Certification
- Two years of on-the-job experience with electronics and mechanical equipment.
- Machining and fabrication experience helpful
- Food Manufacturing Experience Helpful
- System Implementation Preferred
- Understanding of Safety guidelines
- Able to read and understand blueprints and technical reference manuals
- Knowledge of production functions
- Understanding of equipment operation and maintenance procedures
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work well independently
- Able to cooperate and communicate well with others
- Well organized and attentive to detail.
- Basic computer skills
- Able to use various hand tools
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.