About The Position
The Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Uncommon Cacao will be accountable for customer service and business development in the <2 metric tons segment of our sales. This team member will handle all sales processing and fulfillment, support.
About Uncommon Cacao
Uncommon Cacao is a certified B Corporation and social enterprise changing the way the cocoa supply chain works. We are a mission-driven company that sources high quality, fully traceable cocoa from 5000+ smallholder farmers in 10 countries and sells that cocoa to the world’s best craft and bean-to-bar chocolate makers. Check out more about our mission, vision, and Transparent Trade model at www.uncommoncacao.com
The Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Uncommon Cacao will be accountable for our customer service and business development in the <2 metric tons segment of our sales. This team member will handle all sales processing and fulfillment, support Uncommon’s marketing efforts, and support quality control operations. This role reports to the Sales Director.
The Ideal Candidate will have
- 2+ years of sales support or customer service experience required.
- 1+ years of experience in marketing
- Attention to detail, accuracy
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office (Excel required), Salesforce, Slack, Google Docs. CRM experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, oral, and proofreading skills
- Dynamic, outgoing and loves to talk to customers
- A reliable team player with strong communication and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and flexible environment
- Independent drive and ability to self-manage
- Embodies Uncommon Cacao’s 6 core values: Courage, Interdependence, Grit, Passion, Accountability, and Balance
- Demonstrated passion for chocolate, quality food or ingredients, and/ or agriculture
- Prior specialty commodity experience preference
Sales and Customer Service Support
- Handle invoicing, quote shipping, and manage follow-ups with customers to ensure successful delivery of cacao orders
- Track all information related to cacao sales and lead and customer accounts in Salesforce and support Sales Director on general sales tracking and reporting
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with customers through email, phone calls, and social media interactions
- Support on customer credit reference requests
- Identify urgent and important outreach needed by Sales Director and CEO to specific customers
New Business Development
- Develop and convert leads in North America focusing on small scale and hobby chocolate makers
- Identify and build out lead lists and work with Sales Director & CEO to refine market strategy and sales tactics
- Build newsletters with team support and schedule/ send for US audience
- Support EU GM with newsletter copy and prep
- Write copy and post on social media
- Publish on UC blog
- Post a set amount of content on UC social media channels based on marketing targets and marketing plan
- Manage marketing collateral assets (digital)