About The Position
Uncle Ed's Damn Good Vodka is seeking a Sales Manager who is a highly motivated, hardworking, individual with an easy, fun vibe to oversee the day to day schedule of marketing of our natural & unsweetened healthier spirit beverage across retailers - both on and off premise sales in the local or nearby assigned market. The ideal candidate will have experience in the alcohol (beer, wine or spirits) beverage industry with a focus on wholesaler relationships, retail execution, customer service, and field sales to continue building Uncle Ed’s as the leader in the better-for-you alcohol space. The Sales Manager will report directly to the company Director of Sales.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily wholesaler interactions with management and sales team to execute sales and distribution targets.
- Develop and manage local account base for sales and distribution with a minimum performance standard of at least a 160 calls/month.
- Coordinate incentives and distribution drives while meeting KPI's and maintaining a CRM
- Manage and execute the Uncle Ed's marketing strategic assigns with chain mandates/authorizations, and display programs, when applicable.
- Ensure proper merchandising of product and point of sale material in the market according to our brand standards while keeping eyes open for new and inviting sales opportunities.
- Conduct staff educations, tastings and other events as needed; including identification of menu placement, tent/POP placement opportunities.
- Assist Director of Sales and Key Account Managers in creating, managing & setup of joyful events, marketing material and inventory.
- Operate effectively within the marketing budgetary guidelines.
- Utilize sales tools effectively.
- Recap daily and weekly Notion accomplishments and follow up needed as needed to wholesaler(s) and customers as required/needed
- Meet and exceed KPIs and monthly goals
- Critical thinkers may apply - we are a small team, a start-up with like minded friends and individuals all aiming to sustain and give back.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of the 3-tier spirit system (or willing to learn)
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Office, willing to learn and implement Notion and Notion CRM
- Customer service oriented-- wow them with your vibe and attention to their needs as customers to our brand - create raving fans of your service!
- Strong verbal/written communication and computer skills, detail oriented
- Strong judgement, professional maturity, and responsible decision making
- Team player with a strong work ethic and self-starting attitude
- Ability to demonstrate reliability and work in a fast-paced setting, ability to multitask.
- Team player that is willing to role play and train amongst your peers!
Education and Work Experience
- Minimum of 2 years of business-to-business sales experience required.
- Previous experience in the alcohol business preferred but not required -- positive attitude is a must!
- Associates, Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing preferred
Uncle Ed’s offers highly competitive wages that will be determined by experience and other factors. Position is eligible for company equity.
Eligible for mobile and data plan reimbursement
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Non-Exempt
Pay Type: Salary
Supervisor: Regional Director of Sales
Minimum Experience: 2 Years
Age Requirement: 21 years or older
Must: vehicle transportation to see customers
Tools & Equipment Used: Standard Office Equipment
Physical & Mental Requirements
Required to lift up to 55 pounds and maneuver 170 pounds routinely and repeatedly. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls. Regularly exposed to damp, wet environment with hot liquids, airborne particles, chemicals and moving machinery. Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position. Must be able to travel via car, airplane, or train.