. With over 1,200 stores throughout the U.S., designs to expand internationally, and a thriving supply chain network, there has never been a greater need for people of high initiative, of big-picture thinking, and adaptability to share in our journey. At Ulta Beauty, we have greater ambitions
. Growing what works. Iterating in areas that have promise. Creating new offerings for industry advantage.
In all of this is the opportunity to experience real impact, to effectuate change, to give wings to a spirit of creativity and entrepreneurism. Because the challenges are multi-faceted and ever-changing. But for those inspired by real-world demands that press and stretch, that call for new and smarter ideas, that require heavy doses of trust and respect, Ulta Beauty encourages you to imagine with us. THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The WMS Analyst for our Warehouse Management System (WMS) will primarily serve Ulta's Distribution Center by providing timely and accurate data, process and system analysis for improving warehousing and transportation efficiencies. The Analyst is expected to be part of a rotational 24/7 on-call group that will support the operation at all hours. The role has multiple responsibilities that are carried out without direct supervision from management, yet hold significant operational, efficiency, and financial implications. YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH THESE GOALS BY:
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Supporting the Distribution Center's 24/7 operation in regards to the Manhattan WMOS, WCS, and Lightning Pick systems
- Troubleshooting complex systems issues, creating and maintaining SQL-based Business Intelligence Reporting, active partnership with appropriate departments from ULTA HQ and various vendors.
- This position is the first point of contact in the systems issue escalation process and is required to make informed, educated decisions apart from the WMS Manager.
- Maintaining inventory integrity between Manhattan WMOS and SAP.
- This responsibility has both operational and financial implications to ULTA and is done under minimal or no supervision from management.
- This is a highly impactful responsibility which requires daily interaction including reviewing & maintaining inventory sync & error handling reports, same day research and resolution of discrepancies, participating and leading daily inventory sync calls & collaborating with the HQ partners, Finance team and DC Ops teams to provide training and guidance for sync discrepancy prevention
- Maintaining slotting requirements with input from the operation.
- Keep management, other team members and other departmental employees aware of obstacles and status changes in a timely manner. Use proper judgment to determine when such communication is necessary.
- Consider the need for other team members to support their areas of responsibility and openly shares an understanding of these areas.
- Ensuring his/her areas of expertise are covered when absent.
- Analyzing production issues as necessary to determine the cause of the issue and determine the necessary course of action for resolution.
- Testing the solution and verifying that the production issue has indeed been resolved following implementation.
- Considering technical and performance consequences when creating design deliverables.
- Use technical skills in the appropriate tool-set to analyze data and develop necessary \"work arounds.\" Deliverables in this area are typically used to support the design and support process, not to be rolled out for productive use by business users.
- Creating and deliver user documentation as necessary to ensure proper use of changed and newly implemented efforts.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS Preferred:
- Bachelor's degree in related field (Computer Science, Business, IT, Analytics, Engineering), or equivalent related work experience
- Executive level communication skills possessing the ability to directly and clearly communicate complex ideas to a team
- Ability to multi-task and thrive under pressure
- Experience developing training programs and coaching both leaders and front-line employees
- 1-3 years of Manhattan experience OR 5+ years of Oracle/DBA/Analytics experience
- Experience writing SQL Scripting or ad-hoc reporting experience
- Experience with live systems, such as SAP
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access and Excel
- High learning agility. Position will often require learning new areas of business, new software and new technology.
- Strong experience with data analysis/design and systems analysis/design.
- Experience with warehouse management systems.
- Experience with transportation management systems
- Experience with labor management systems.
- MS Excel, Word, Access
- 3+ years of leadership experience, preferably in a distribution environment
- 3+ years of WMS experience
- 1+ years of SOX compliance experience
- 1+ years of Business Acceptance Testing, User Acceptance Testing, and ORT experience within a WMS system
- Ability to work rotational 24/7 on-call group that will support the operation at all hours
- Ability to travel
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Ability to work and make business decisions independent of direct supervision
#LI-JB2 COLORADO PAY RANGE
At this time, Colorado residents are not eligible for this position. ABOUT
At Ulta Beauty
(NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful
. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.