something categorically different. With over 1,200 stores throughout the U.S., designs to expand internationally, a thriving digital ecosystem and a growth trajectory that's put Wall Street on notice, Ulta Beauty provides dynamic challenges for those who want to apply their financial acumen to ever-increasing levels of complexity. Professional ownership. Diverse and ever-evolving projects. Greater levels of impact. The ability to influence decisions and organizational direction. It's all part of the daily experience of our Finance & Accounting associates.
If you want a collaborative environment where continual learning, career self-determination and trust are prioritized, where an engaged leadership provides deep levels of support and guidance, Ulta Beauty is uniquely positioned to deliver greater levels of career satisfaction
. Are you up for the challenge? THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The Strategic Sourcing Category Manager shall support the organization by actively leading the sourcing, contracting and procurement of non-merchandise goods and services (both capital and expense) in support of Ulta's corporate strategy for specific categories or Departments. The Strategic Sourcing Category Manager shall add value to the organization through cost savings and risk mitigation to maximize profitability. The Strategic Sourcing Category Manager requires strong influencing, communication, creativity, partnership-building, problem solving, analytical and negotiation skill s. They shall partner with department leaders to analyze spending, lead requests for proposals, compile contracts and written agreements, evaluate effectiveness of product and service programs and influence cost and quality improvements. The Strategic Sourcing Category Manager is responsible for developing and executing plans and strategies for complex spend areas. They shall reports directly to Sr. Strategic Sourcing Manager and may have management responsibility for one or more direct reports. They shall also support Ulta's efforts to further sustainability , diversity and inclusion efforts. YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH ALL OF THIS BY:
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Analyze spend data, create sourcing plans and strategies for specific Departments or categories.
- Partner with stakeholders to optimize value, improve processes, rationalize Ulta's supply base, leverage Ulta's growth and reduce costs.
- Strategically partner with stakeholders to clarify and meet their business needs by applying leading edge sourcing and procurement tools, methods and processes.
- Meet with Department stakeholders on a regular basis as well as annually to plan sourcing, contracting and procurement activities for in process projects as well as future acquisitions in support of the company's five (5) year plan.
- Partner with stakeholders to evaluate existing programs and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Champion the sourcing, contracting and procurement process throughout the organization.
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with suppliers, internal partners, affiliates and professional organizations to bring maximum value to ULTA guests, shareholders and associates.
- Direct and conduct bid/quote collection and contracting activities, utilizing eSourcing and eContract Management software as appropriate.
- Develop, document and implement improved processes surrounding RFx's, bid analysis, purchasing strategies, strategic sourcing, contract negotiations, contract processing and etc.
- Draft, negotiate, and lead the finalization of complex agreements; including developing the negotiation strategies.
- Serve as liaison between Legal Services and internal stakeholders.
- Ensure all contracts are properly executed in accordance with company policies and uploaded into Ulta's contract database.
- Support and lead procurement activities for functional areas (goods or services, capital or expense, projects, process improvement) as assigned to include timely issuance or orders, deliveries and payment of invoices for the assigned departments or categories.
- Provide forecasting and budgeting support to assigned departments and categories as needed based upon knowledge of Ulta's contracts.
- Monitor and track expiring contracts for categories and Departments being supported.
- Coach and develop team members to continue professional growth.
- Other duties may be assigned
Qualified candidates will have an Bachelor's degree in a related field or 7+ years business experience; advanced degrees are a plus and 5-7 years related sourcing, contracting or procurement experience or the experience and ability to provide value or proven ability to influence Directors, VP's and SVP's for specific categories and Departments. Additional requirements include:
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Strong working knowledge of sourcing, contracting and procurement strategies, and best practices
- Strong negotiation skills and deep understanding of negotiation strategies; professional certifications or training is a plus
- Prior consulting experience preferred
- Strong buying, forecasting, budgeting and planning skills
- Capable of managing direct reports and leading cross-functional teams; experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of contracts with the ability to create, draft, prepare, revise, review and negotiate complex contract terms
- Advanced proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook and the ability to learn proprietary sourcing, purchasing or contracting systems
- Excellent oral and written communicator with the ability to present to various levels and audiences inside and outside of the organization.
- Strong organizational and influencing skills across multiple levels within the organization
- Process improvement and project management skills and experience a plus
- Creative, influential, unselfish problem solver
- Collaborative team player
- Attendance or participation in external industry events and/or membership in sourcing, purchasing or contracting organizations such as ISM or IACCM
- CPSM, C.P.M., C.C.M. and related certifications highly preferred
- eSourcing/e-Procurement experience a plus
- Occasional travel required
#LI-CH1* COLORADO PAY RANGEABOUT
At Ulta Beauty
(NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful
. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.