something categorically different. With over 1,200 stores throughout the U.S., designs to expand internationally, a thriving digital ecosystem and a growth trajectory that's put Wall Street on notice, Ulta Beauty provides dynamic challenges for those who want to apply their financial acumen to ever-increasing levels of complexity. Professional ownership. Diverse and ever-evolving projects. Greater levels of impact. The ability to influence decisions and organizational direction. It's all part of the daily experience of our Finance & Accounting associates.
If you want a collaborative environment where continual learning, career self-determination and trust are prioritized, where an engaged leadership provides deep levels of support and guidance, Ulta Beauty is uniquely positioned to deliver greater levels of career satisfaction
. Are you up for the challenge? THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
As a Sr. Tax Analyst, you will focus on indirect (non-income) tax discipline including return compliance, taxability, and audit defense. You will be responsible for: implementation of any new returns, tax computation and payment, product taxability, audit defense preparation, exposure analysis & mitigation, systems improvement and implementation, and project-based initiatives. This role will participate in meeting the required compliance and tax accounting deadlines. There will be significant interface with tax department personnel, individuals in finance, IT, and business partners throughout the organization. Additionally, this role will provide support for multiple areas within the tax department, including Property tax, Licensing, Indirect tax audits and assisting management on special projects as needed. YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH ALL OF THIS BY:
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Implement and complete monthly, quarterly, or annual indirect tax returns.
- Prepare budgets/forecasts for indirect tax.
- Implement and maintain various tax software systems (Vertex Returns and Vertex O-Series).
- Document training on various tax software systems and compliance procedures.
- Implement and complete account reconciliations and journal entries for indirect tax.
- Lead special projects as assigned, including refund reviews.
- Complete tax research for various taxing jurisdictions.
- Complete coding of products for taxability.
- Meet all statutory compliance deadlines in the time frames directed by management.
- Assist with tax audits, including preparation and analysis of responses to document requests, preparation of appeals and other correspondence.
- Prepare and analyze the company's ASC450 reserves.
- Prepare SOX control documentation.
- Monitor current tax developments and practices, which would affect various tax liabilities.
- Analyze notices and correspondences from various governments and prepare responses.
- Resolve help desk tickets/customer service questions.
- Lead and contribute in internal meetings and projects with minimal supervision.
- Communicate tax knowledge to Tax leadership, Finance leadership and other department personnel.
Qualifed candidates will have an Bachelor's degree in Accounting or other financial discipline and t hree to five years of progressive tax experience. Additional requirements include:
- CPA, Master's Degree, or other designation CMI, or in pursuit of, a strong plus
- Excel skills at intermediate level or above (vlookup, pivot table required; sumif, countif preferred)
- Previous experience in a large corporate tax environment, a strong plus
- Previous experience in retail industry, a strong plus
- Demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in Tax a must
- Research proficiency a must
- Vertex or SAP experience a plus
- Previous audit experience a plus
- Interest or Experience with RPA solutions (Robotics Process Automation), a plus
- General understanding of business acumen and accounting principles
- Ability to analyze new or existing situations and provide solutions
- Desire to take initiative to lead or pursue tasks and inquiries
- Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently on tasks, including making sound decisions within responsibilities
- Demonstrated strong user and working knowledge of tax systems, Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and database applications
- Must be a strong team player
- Ability to multi-task a must
- Must conduct himself/herself in a professional, respectful, and appropriate manner at all times
- This position requires an ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills, and strong communication skills are essential
- Normal office demands
- Overtime may be required to meet various tax deadlines
#LI-CH1* COLORADO PAY RANGEABOUT
At Ulta Beauty
(NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful
. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.