. With over 1,200 stores throughout the U.S., designs to expand internationally, and a thriving supply chain network, there has never been a greater need for people of high initiative, of big-picture thinking, and adaptability to share in our journey. At Ulta Beauty, we have greater ambitions
. Growing what works. Iterating in areas that have promise. Creating new offerings for industry advantage.
In all of this is the opportunity to experience real impact, to effectuate change, to give wings to a spirit of creativity and entrepreneurism. Because the challenges are multi-faceted and ever-changing. But for those inspired by real-world demands that press and stretch, that call for new and smarter ideas, that require heavy doses of trust and respect, Ulta Beauty encourages you to imagine with us. THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The Sr. Manager, Omnichannel Operations, will work closely with the Director of Network Fulfillment to provide strategic direction and leadership across all aspects of Omnichannel operations activities while ensuring Ulta Beauty's enterprise goals and objectives are met. The Sr. Manager is responsible for leading cross functional support of various omnichannel functions across the supply chain and store network including direct reports at our corporate office and indirect corporate leaders as well as field-based leaders. This role will partner with internal stakeholders and leadership to evolve the future strategy for omnichannel operations and order management for the fulfillment network and will be responsible for providing project management, design, coordination, and implementation support for any Omnichannel related projects. The Sr. Manager will create project plans, manage timelines and deliverables, and provide key KPI and status reporting tied to Omnichannel functions.
This role will manage several cross functional relationships with third party vendors, Ulta IT, Merchandising, Merchandise Planning, Store Operations, Finance, Loss Prevention, Guest Services, Enterprise Project Management Organization, Digital Ops, Digital Experience, and our Stores. This role will work closely with internal stakeholders and enterprise leaders (Managers, Directors, and VPs) to support current Omnichannel operations and the scoping, definition, planning, and delivery of other new capabilities tied to Buy Anywhere Fill Anywhere. The Sr. Manager will support Omnichannel related KPI scoping, definition, and development with key technical and business partners. The Sr. Manager will be the business owner for the Order Management System (OMS). YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH THESE GOALS BY:
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Building, defining, and managing the development of Omnichannel strategic roadmap to grow omnichannel capabilities and ensure the strategy ties to overall company goals
- Developing business cases for omnichannel investments, including analysis of development or capital cost and associated savings and other benefits to guide in executive decision making
- Leading strategic initiatives with enterprise leaders (Sr. Managers, Directors, VPs) to define and plan various business applications such as: enterprise strategic initiatives, order management optimization, cross functional process improvement, capacity management and optimization, and business continuity
- Facilitating the execution of Omnichannel projects: liaison with cross-functional teams including Store Ops, Digital Ops & Experience, Merchandise Planning and Inventory, Finance, IT, Guest Services, Supply Chain and others to ensure new solutions are developed and deployed successfully
- Serving as the overall point of contact for Omnichannel programs and projects - build cohesive project plans with identifiable critical paths; assess task dependencies, timelines, and deliverables; troubleshoot issues.
- Preparing and/or design, collect all reporting, status and KPI documentation and identify areas for improvement.
- Ensuring successful project completion within scope, budget, time, quality parameters, and consistent with specifications.
- Developing leadership level presentations detailing strategy, progress, and financial status
- Collaborating with leaders (Sr. Managers, Directors, VPs) cross functionally to influence and drive targeted Omnichannel improvements. Lead initiatives associated with store expansion, new digital store platform capabilities, order management evolution to support DC logistics network development and other strategic efforts.
- Leading and direct for the portfolio of projects within the strategic initiatives the individual is assigned
- Collaborating with enterprise leadership (Sr. Manager, Director, VPs) on: Inventory Management/Planning, Merchandising, Store/DC Operations, Omnichannel to create weekly status reporting, and prevent resource conflicts between multiple projects
- Developing cost analysis, design considerations, and implementation timelines for projects
- Working as a liaison among stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to store omnichannel operations or product flow
- Creating and manage the implementation of any changes through effective stakeholder and change management
- Planning, coordinating, and tracking all Omnichannel related user testing activities for supply chain
- Leading and identifing common issues, constraints and risks across portfolio projects through the application of lean principles
- Supporting enterprise leaders through multiple projects across multiple sites, assign work, monitor workload, and appraise performances
- Managing, measure, monitor, and mitigate risks to various projects, budgets, and timelines
- Providing the enterprise detailed guidance & leadership communication in the event of store outages along with contingency plans
- Managing all project administrative activities, training, documentation, and communications of multiple simultaneous projects, including projects impacting other functional areas of the business; within the corporate office as well as our Stores and Distribution Centers
- Mentoring, teaching & developing enterprise leaders to improve their understanding and skill, and ensure they are familiar with policies, business processes, and work flow
- Coaching, counseling, developing and motivate team to successfully achieve department objectives.
- Continually evolve the team through introduction and deployment of industry leading practices
- Bachelor's degree required
- 8-10 years relevant work experience in an Omnichannel or DOM/OMS role or equivalent combination of work and education experience
- Strong omnichannel background with leadership roles in fulfillment (preferably corporate and field).
- Must be a self-starter and be able to successfully develop and execute against departmental goals with minimal guidance.
- Creative problem solver with the ability to manage and drive accountability with cross functional partners.
- Demonstrated success in developing talent, managing performance, and building high performing teams.
- Strategic thought leader able to build robust plans and execute with speed, while communicating clear priorities.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across functions and influence decisions related Omnichannel Operations
- Ability to speak, work with, and present to large and diverse audiences
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to successfully lead in a fast-paced, growing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex business situations and problems, coordinate many complex activities/projects simultaneously and direct successful solutions.
- Strong working knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Project PowerPoint), and Tableau or other visualization solutions is a plus
- History of working knowledge in IBM Sterling or other Order Management systems a plus
- Good understanding of omnichannel and fulfillment concepts
- Ability to work long hours and weekends as dictated by business needs.
- Ability to travel as required
At Ulta Beauty
(NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful
. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.