the possibilities of our progressive, omnichannel approach to beauty retail. At Ulta Beauty, our Marketing team is applying the latest technologies to personalize the buying experience of true beauty enthusiasts-in ways that surprise and delight. Building love and loyalty, one communication, one experience, one brilliant idea at a time. We represent the perfect blend of strategy and creativity. Of tactics and analytics. To make Ulta Beauty a brand guests will advocate for. Growing share of heart. Delivering with disciplined consistency. Whether your deepest passion
is for design or content, strategy or data, or some combination of all things marketing, Ulta Beauty will provide significant latitude to explore your talents and passions, with opportunities to stretch and deepen, to grow and build. Truly, the possibilities are beautiful. THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
This role will establish Ulta Beauty as a leading voice in the clean beauty and sustainability spaces, with the Sr. Director, Strategic Portfolio Delivery (SPD). This leader will play a key role in building, scaling and evolving Ulta Beauty's newly created Conscious Beauty at Ulta Beauty™ program, an initiative for the company founded with the objective of providing guests transparency and helping them navigate our assortment related to products that align to their personal values - across clean ingredients, cruelty free, vegan, sustainable packaging and positive impact.
This role will lead the day-to-day operations of Conscious Beauty at Ulta Beauty, including the support of its strategy, execution and evolution of Conscious Beauty at Ulta Beauty. This role will work in close partnership with Ulta Beauty leadership and key cross-functional stakeholders including, but not limited to merchandising, marketing, e-commerce, store operations, IT, Legal and external experts / partners.
The Senior Manager, Conscious Beauty at Ulta Beauty must demonstrate a critical blend of both strong management and emerging leadership capabilities and a passion and discipline for learning, and growing their understanding of clean beauty and sustainability. The ideal candidate is proficient at strategy development, critical thinking and program execution with a passion for beauty, sustainability and an aptitude for retail. The ability to influence, advise and manage many cross-functional players across levels is critical. YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH THESE GOALS BY:
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS
- Partnering with key internal and external stakeholders; with the Sr. Director Strategic Portfolio Delivery (SPD), define overall strategy and multi-year execution roadmap for Conscious Beauty at Ulta Beauty and fit within Ulta Beauty's broader corporate strategy and vision
- Developing and recommend strategy to evolve key program requirements over time (e.g., restricted ingredient list, testing standards, product claims/labels and packaging standards) in concert with emerging consumer needs, market dynamics, competitive positioning, regulatory/legislative context and technological innovations
- Growing to serve (with Sr. Director, SPD) as primary point of contact / liaison to industry experts, certification bodies, external partners and advisors in support of the platform
- Working in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders to define and manage technological capabilities, processes and enablers required to execute and evolve the platform
- Proactively monitor and assess the competitive landscape, regulatory/legislative trends and marketplace around clean and sustainable products, retailers, innovations and identify implications for Conscious Beauty at Ulta Beauty in context of Ulta Beauty's overall strategy
- Measuring and track program performance, including platform sales and margin impact, progress to the 2025 product sustainability target, brand participation and performance and social/environmental impact
- Identifing and manage risks of program execution, communicating and preparing internal stakeholders with appropriate risk mitigations
- Supporting the Sr Director, SPD in creating, defining and structuring corporate partnerships related to the evolution of the platform
- Defining with merchandising partners, associate education requirements for the enterprise and work in partnership with training and education functional experts to build and rollout plan in support of program launch and ongoing development
- Providing support to merchandising team to develop and attract new brand partner relationships around Conscious Beauty at Ulta Beauty
- 7-10 years of professional experience in Strategy, Finance or Marketing
- At least 2 years of consulting experience at a top-tier management consulting firm highly preferred
- BA/BS required and MBA from top-tier program strongly preferred
- Strong experience and capability to develop strategies, assess trends and competitive dynamics and identify white space opportunities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills - ability to identify smart solutions with right level of pragmatism. Attention to details that matter in beauty
- Proven track record of making things happen through cross-functional teams
- Strong leadership and confident influencing skills - including team leadership, thought leadership, collaboration, partnership across diverse team environments
#LI-JB2 COLORADO PAY RANGE
At this time, Colorado residents are not eligible for this position. ABOUT
At Ulta Beauty
(NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful
. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.