Authentic. Supportive. Fun. To experience
human resources at Ulta Beauty is to step out of the mundane and into an environment alive with optimistic energy. After all, success breeds opportunity, and the opportunities to help drive an organization at the top of its game to even greater heights
are as uncommon as they are satisfying.
It's fast, it's ambitious, it's anchored in trust. With the chance to move or flex based on new or existing interests and passions. If you want that rare culture of lived values, where "team" truly means something. Where the drive for excellence is balanced with a genuine desire to help and encourage. And where the mark you make will be seen and recognized-we challenge you to dream bigger. To imagine the possibilities. THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The Sr. Manager Human Resources, Distribution Center (DC) supports Ulta's strategic plan and will act as a business partner to the DC Director in support of all HR functions and areas of focus including: associate engagement, recruitment, training, compensation, associate relations, management coaching, retention, recognition, performance management and legal compliance. The Sr. Manager Human Resources, Distribution Center (DC) will consult, as a critical business partner and trusted advisor, to the DC leadership team. The role will also lead the HR teams in assigned location. CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Serves as a strategic partner to the DC Director related to driving talent development, staffing, associate engagement, and HR core initiative for the DC organization.
- Supports talent management process to include the performance review process, succession planning, leadership assessment and calibration and internal talent movement.
- Cultivates Ulta's culture, mission and values across all levels of the organization.
- Drives and facilitates the succession planning process, in partnership with the DC Director to identify high potential talent and build strategic plans to support the growth of the business and build leadership capacity.
- Oversees and facilitated onboarding, assimilation meetings and continuing development opportunities for Operations leaders.
- Provides guidance to DC Director and Sr. leadership team in HR matters for appropriate action, partnership and follow-up
- Participates in the development, facilitation and /or presentation of training for DC leadership in small group settings or seminar formats or during townhall meetings
- Oversees or conducts DC leadership exit interviews to analyze and identify trends which impact turnover and for solutions that will lead to improved associate satisfaction and lower turnover.
- Interviews DC leadership candidates as needed during the selection process.
- Collaborates with the associate relations team to investigate high risk complaints and resolves conflicts.
- Understands company reporting and analyzes current trends effectively to make timely recommendations, alleviate risk or positively impact the business or associates
- Partners with DC leadership to determine hiring needs, develop staffing plans and recommend methods to meet staffing objectives
- Manages recruiting process from beginning to end for non-exempt associates including sourcing, screening, interviewing, scheduling, offer letters, new hire orientation and processing new hire paperwork and collaborates with corporate TA on all exempt hiring needs
- Manages the placement of temporary associates in the DC through partnership with selected third party agencies.
Qualified candidates will possess 8-10 years of varied/progressive HR or related business experience. Additional requirements include:
- Well developed written and oral communication skills
- Developed presentation skills
- Knowledge of human resources policies, programs, metrics or systems.
- Working knowledge of employment and human resource law.
- Knowledge in HR compliance; ADA, FMLA, I-9, Code of Conduct and Anti-harassment.
- Experience with compliance related exception reporting.
- Experience with policy auditing
- Ability to run reports from various software.
- Ability to work in a team environment, build partnerships, influence and work cross functionally.
- Ability to multi-task, manage work and execute tasks in a timely manner.
At Ulta Beauty
(NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful
. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.