something categorically different. With over 1,200 stores throughout the U.S., designs to expand internationally, a thriving digital ecosystem and a growth trajectory that's put Wall Street on notice, Ulta Beauty provides dynamic challenges for those who want to apply their financial acumen to ever-increasing levels of complexity. Professional ownership. Diverse and ever-evolving projects. Greater levels of impact. The ability to influence decisions and organizational direction. It's all part of the daily experience of our Finance & Accounting associates.
If you want a collaborative environment where continual learning, career self-determination and trust are prioritized, where an engaged leadership provides deep levels of support and guidance, Ulta Beauty is uniquely positioned to deliver greater levels of career satisfaction
. Are you up for the challenge? THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The Sr. Director, Loss Prevention - Store Operations is responsible for leading and inspiring the Field Loss Prevention (LP) Team through the Director, Loss Prevention and Sr. Managers (RLPMs) and Managers (ALPMs). This role champions innovation while providing operational improvements and strategic oversight of store profit protection initiatives that focus on service and sales and maintain a store-centric commitment to guests and associates.
The Sr. Director fosters highly visible and positive relationships with Store Operations Leaders (SVPs and VPs) and Business Partners to design and implement Loss Prevention programs which impact store performance and profitability, including store inventory, shrink losses, safety, and operational excellence. This role monitors Company and industry business metrics, and acts on behalf of the Company to prevent, minimize, and/or recover losses when they occur. The Sr. Director partners with the Vice President, Loss Prevention and Directors, LP in the development of World Class Loss Prevention programs.
Within this Loss Prevention vertical, the Sr. Director oversees select vendor relationships, budgets and expenses.
In all we do, we strive to uphold the company's values in which we win together, give wow experiences, improve always, do what's right, champion diversity and, love what we do and own what we do.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
• Hire, manage and develop Direct Reports and Associates for future growth; focus on individual development and succession planning to build bench strength and increase internal promotions
• Provide training, development and advice to Direct Reports and Associates in all aspects of their role.
• Regularly interact with Executives (SVPs &VPs), Directors and Loss Prevention Solution Providers (vendors).
• Collaborate with Leaders and Executives (SVPs &VPs), in various disciplines including Finance, Human Resources, Legal Services and Store Operations to identify and evaluate internal and external incidents and opportunities; provides functional knowledge, solutions and direction to resolve.
• Responsible for the development, deployment and performance of loss reduction plans and programs designed to reduce in-store shrink and improve operational efficiencies while driving sales and guest service; i.e. Training Programs, High Shrink Focus Program, Store Audit Program, Organized Retail Crime Awareness etc.
DISCLAIMER - The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
• Provides operational and strategic oversight of Field Loss Prevention performance and direction pertaining to internal investigations, external and ORC investigations, burglary prevention efforts, physical security and operational disciplines to ensure compliance and risk is mitigated.
• Develop, recommend, and oversee expense and capital budgets for Field Loss Prevention - Store Operations vertical
• Analyze Stores' Shrink and Physical Inventory performance and trends; reports progress and opportunities to Store Operations Leaders and Executives (SVPs and VPs)
• Identify, recommend, and implement new processes, hardware, and software improvements related to security systems and technology
• Business Partner to Senior Vice Presidents, Store Operations
• Principal in Enterprise Shrink Committee
• Provides leadership, direction and communication to senior leaders during enterprise events and emergencies
• Oversee select LP Vendor Partner relationships including third party guard and agent service program for Stores locations. THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Wicklander-Zulawski Interviewing Certificate
• CFI (Certified Forensic Interviewer) preferred
• Minimum ten (10) years' experience in Loss Prevention Leadership role preferably within a multi-unit, national retail environment; corporate exposure preferred
• Prior experience leading and directing large multi- level management teams
• Strong business relationship skills and leadership competencies
• Exceptional written, verbal, electronic communication and presentation skills
• High level of confidentiality and superior organization skills with attention to detail
• Solid analytical skills; able to identify trends to help drive sales, business plans and support operational initiatives that directly correlate with safety, shrink and inventory losses
• Must be comfortable working in an independent manner, able to multi-task, be flexible with and embrace and lead through change and prioritize the needs of the business
• Ability to thrive in highly stressful environment, make decisions, provide guidance and communicate to all levels of the organization in complex and stressful situations.
• Good working knowledge of current technology and its application to the role (MS Office, EAS, Burglar Alarms, Networks, BI, CCTV, Kronos, case management software, exception-based reporting etc.)
• Ability to learn new software programs with minimal training
• Flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business (schedule may include evenings, weekends and holidays)
• In-town and out-of-town travel; overnight travel up to 70%
• Responds to Company emergencies and high degree of accessibility
• Corporate Office, Retail Stores and Distribution Center environments COLORADO PAY RANGEABOUT
At Ulta Beauty
(NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful
. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.