Live the experience
. From professional empowerment to continual learning opportunities. From ongoing investment in new and emerging technologies to a career of self-determination. At Ulta Beauty, our tech team is critical to our scalability-and is recognized that way. We've been defined as a "mature start-up." A place where interdepartmental exposure, open doors, and genuine collaboration is ubiquitous. Where challenges come fast and furious, requiring agility, mental dexterity, and creativity. Where our passion for better solutions
drives us and is core to who we are.
We're engineering for the future of retail, and it's no-holds-barred. But for those motivated by continual change and ambiguity, by superior leadership, by whip smart colleagues who will press you daily for your very best, you'll find that virtually nothing's impossible at Ulta Beauty. THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The Senior Developer is responsible for supporting, planning and coordinating functional and technical activities related to Customer Master Data Management in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment. They work alongside talented Technical Leads, Architects, Software Engineers, and Quality Engineers in our highly collaborative environment to deliver high quality solutions on time and on budget. This position plays a key role in establishing, executing and supporting business critical systems utilizing the Informatica Multidomain Master Data Management platform. YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH ALL OF THIS BY:
- Application Support - Assists in the investigation and resolution of issues relating to applications. Assists with specified procedures.
- Development Testing - Performs the execution of given test scripts under supervision. Records results and reports issues. Develops an understanding of the role of testing within system development, as a tool for design improvement as well as a validation process.
- Problem Management - Investigates problems in systems, processes and services. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Programming/Software Development - Contributes to the designs, development, testing, and documentation of complex programs from agreed specifications, and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools. Assesses own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work. Mentors less experienced colleagues as required.
- Release Deployment - Uses the tools and techniques for specific areas of release and deployment activities. Administers the recording of activities, logging of results and documents technical activity undertaken.
- Requirements Definition & Management - Uses established techniques as directed to identify current problems and elicit, specify and document business functional, data and non-functional requirements.
- Systems Integration - Assists in the software builds from software source code. Performs tests as defined in an integration test specification, records the details of any failures, and carries out fault diagnosis relating to simple failures, reporting the results of the diagnosis in a clear and concise manner.
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Provide estimates and specifications for any changes related to customer master data solutions
- Design and model the customer master data structures based on retail standards and Ulta specific requirements
- Collaborate with source system experts to design integration points, ensuring completeness and accuracy of the data
- Provide guidance and specifications for integration development team
- Manage on going changes to the customer master data solutions
- Participate in and influence the data governance process
- Collaborate with the IT and business teams to ensure all customer master data is accurate and resolve any issues that are identified
- Accountable for customer master data completeness, accuracy, integrity, timeliness and security
- Identify, track, communicate and resolve customer master data quality risks and status
- Certify customer master data as 'fit for use'
- Evolve the data quality rules and capabilities
Qualified candidates will have an Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or applicable work experience and 8+ years of experience with Informatica Multidomain Master Data Management and Informatica Data Quality. Additional requirements include:
- 8+ years of experience with SQL or relational database; able to write complex, high performing SQL queries
- 5+ years of development experience utilizing JBoss, Java and Oracle SQL Developer
- Experience with Informatica Services Integration Framework (SIF), Business Entity Services (BES) and User Exits
- Experience with Informatica Data as a Service (DaaS) for email, postal address and phone verification/validation including AddressDoctor and StrikeIron
- Experience with Informatica Hub and Process Servers
- Experience with Informatica Hub Console and Provisioning Tool
- Experience with Informatica Data Director (IDD) including Entity 360 and Customer 360
- Experience with source control repositories including GIT and Bitbucket
- Experience with both Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience with search engines including Elasticsearch
- Experience with message brokers including ActiveMQ
- Experience with Data Warehousing, Integration and Migration
- Experience with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Excellent communication skills; feels comfortable working with non-technical business partners
- Strong analysis/troubleshooting skills
- Must be creative, organized, detail oriented, and able to assimilate information quickly
- Proactive and able to catch issues before failures
- Possess a strong work ethic; takes pride in producing a quality product
- Work with production support and project consultants in an onshore / offshore model
- Support off-hours production issues and code deployments as needed
- Minimal travel required (training/conferences)
#LI-CH1* COLORADO PAY RANGEABOUT
At Ulta Beauty
(NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful
. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.