a perfect blend of deliberate purpose and clear-eyed vision. At Uta Beauty, some of the industry's most highly-esteemed beauty leaders share themselves, as well as their expertise. Building authentic community. Creating a real sense of belonging
-even as they're plotting a bold, strategic course of exciting innovations destined to revolutionize the industry.
Think robust organizational support. Ever-increasing levels of investment. And a healthy dose of personal empowerment and growth opportunity. All with a company of unwavering strength and stability.
We are the future of beauty services. Be part of the transformation.
The skin therapist (ST) is responsible for engaging with guests and consulting with them on their skin care needs to recommend products and services. The ST delivers quality professional services with emphasis on the guest's total look. They support the prestige sales manager (PSM) and focus on performance (service/retail sales, and in-store events), people (guest service), and process (operating procedures and compliance standards). This position requires a passion for the beauty industry, exceptional guest service, and the aptitude to learn and communicate product knowledge. PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
The ST is a champion of Ulta Beauty's mission, vision, and values, and should demonstrate them skillfully and consistently through the following (as well as all other projects/duties as assigned): Performance
- Drive skin services and prestige retail skin sales
- Demonstrate, recommend, and sell prestige skin and makeup products.
- Support the execution of in-store events that deliver an unrivaled guest experience while delivering on sales goals.
- Embody the Ulta Beauty brand by delivering exceptional service and driving guest loyalty.
- Develop guest relationships through consultations and appropriate retail and service recommendations.
- Serve all guests, including walk-in guests, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Develop a partnership with prestige beauty advisors and service professionals to provide a total-store and well- rounded guest experience
- Establish professional peer and brand partner relationships that foster a shared interest in collaboratively delivering on sales and service goals.
- Be knowledgeable of, and ensure compliance with Ulta Beauty and state board policies, procedures, and standards.
- Follow all safety and infection control procedures before, during, and after services.
- Follow established service protocols to ensure a consistent and exceptional guest experience.
- Utilize appropriate booking and clientele systems to book guests for return services and for events.
- Manage supplies, and testers, and communicate any needs to the PSM, ensuring you are guest-ready at all times.
- Attend mandatory services and retail product trainings and meetings.
- Esthetician or Cosmetology license
- Previous relevant work experience is preferred
- Proficiency with latest salon techniques for performing facials, skin analysis and microdermabrasion
- Proficiency with the latest techniques for performing make up applications
- Proficiency with use of equipment needed to perform technical work
- Proficiency to demonstrate, recommend and sell prestige skin and makeup products
- Developed communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Continuous mobility throughout the store on a daily basis
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. on a daily basis
- Stoop, kneel, and crouch on a daily basis
- Climb a ladder and maintain balance on a daily basis
Qualified candidates will possess an Esthetician or Cosmetology license with:
•Demonstrated proficiency in the latest salon techniques (e.g., facials, skin analysis, microdermabrasion, etc.)
•The latest makeup application skills
•Proficiency with equipment to perform technical work
•Strong consultation and sales skills (prestige skin and makeup products)
•An engaging personality that wins trust and encourages discovery
•On a regular basis, requires continuous mobility throughout the store
•On a regular basis, requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
•On a regular basis, requires the ability to stoop, kneel and crouch
•On an occasional basis, requires the ability to climb a ladder and balance ABOUT
At Ulta Beauty
(NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful
. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.