Live the experience
. From professional empowerment to continual learning opportunities. From ongoing investment in new and emerging technologies to a career of self-determination. At Ulta Beauty, our tech team is critical to our scalability-and is recognized that way. We've been defined as a "mature start-up." A place where interdepartmental exposure, open doors, and genuine collaboration is ubiquitous. Where challenges come fast and furious, requiring agility, mental dexterity, and creativity. Where our passion for better solutions
drives us and is core to who we are.
We're engineering for the future of retail, and it's no-holds-barred. But for those motivated by continual change and ambiguity, by superior leadership, by whip smart colleagues who will press you daily for your very best, you'll find that virtually nothing's impossible at Ulta Beauty. THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
In the role of Sr. Data analyst, you will interface with key stakeholders and apply your technical proficiency across different stages of the Software Development Life Cycle including requirements elicitation, application architecture definition and Design. You will play an important role in creating the high level design artifacts. You will also deliver high quality code deliverables for a module, lead validation for all types of testing and support activities related to implementation, transition and warranty. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, and excellence is rewarded. YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH ALL OF THIS BY:
ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Providing overall technical guidance, leadership, and solid execution of E2E technical design as relates to Business Intelligence projects.
- Technical Design oversight and coordinating activities across multiple teams/areas including SMEs, source systems, data acquisition, data integration, security, data quality etc.
- Technical oversight in delivering architectural principles, data integration, data warehousing and reporting/analysis.
- Providing conceptual/logical and physical data modeling design and integrated data transformation solutions.
- Providing Google Cloud Platform ervices and solutions, Integration system delivery methodology and advice on all aspects of implementation, including work estimation, resources staffing and planning.
- Lead end-to-end design from project conception through deployment; managing solution design reviews, project gateway approval, security deployment, and overall project's solution design.
- Ability to conduct detailed data analysis, gap analysis, and data discovery/profiling.
- Capture high and detail level design documentation with experience presenting to Senior Business SME's and Technical Leadership teams.
- Assesses readiness of technical solutions and hardware including systems, tools, technologies, and processes.
- Stays current in new technologies/features as well as new opportunities to develop knowledge and staff.
- Leads or coordinates IT business processes including translating business problems into technical requirements, developing technical specifications, technical development, troubleshooting, project management, estimation, conducting technical reviews, developing a test strategy/plan, supporting user acceptance testers, collaborating with technical leads/customers/IT teams, implementation support, creating training materials, creating system documentation, solution governance, providing accurate/summarized status to team.
Qualified candidates will have an Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or applicable work experience and a t least 5 years of demonstrated experience in data and analytic tools like SQL, SAS, Python, R, and Snowflake. Additional requirements include:
- Demonstrated experience in large data warehouse and data mart design and modeling.
- 5+ Years of experience with SQL (SQL Server, Oracle) and business intelligence reporting.
- 2+ Years' experience with Tableau and/or Power BI.
- 3+ years' experience working with Extraction, Transformation, Load (ETL) or ETL developers.
- 2+ years' experience with Google BigQuery
- At least 5 year of experience in software development life cycle
- Functional knowledge of retail domain across various source applications such as ERP and retail specific Loyalty & ecommerce applications
- At least 2 years of experience in Design and architecture review
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills and leadership skills
- Ability to work in team in diverse/ multiple stakeholder environments
- Experience in Retail, CPG or Logistics domain preferred
#LI-KS1 COLORADO PAY RANGE
At this time, Colorado residents are not eligible for this position. ABOUT
At Ulta Beauty
(NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful
. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.