. With over 1,200 stores throughout the U.S., designs to expand internationally, and a thriving supply chain network, there has never been a greater need for people of high initiative, of big-picture thinking, and adaptability to share in our journey. At Ulta Beauty, we have greater ambitions
. Growing what works. Iterating in areas that have promise. Creating new offerings for industry advantage.
In all of this is the opportunity to experience real impact, to effectuate change, to give wings to a spirit of creativity and entrepreneurism. Because the challenges are multi-faceted and ever-changing. But for those inspired by real-world demands that press and stretch, that call for new and smarter ideas, that require heavy doses of trust and respect, Ulta Beauty encourages you to imagine with us. THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
Support the strategy to optimize Ulta's supply chain network, drive end-to-end supply chain efficiency, and improve order fulfillment performance (speed and cost), while building the long-term strategy and capabilities for a sophisticated omnichannel fulfillment and delivery infrastructure. YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH THESE GOALS BY:
THE ESSENTIAL FOR SUCCESS:
- Leading the analysis of key data to identify options for managing and developing the end to end Supply Chain Network
- Supporting the Supply Chain Strategy team with analysis on key elements including Demand, Capacity, Capability and Cost (e.g. demand geographies, asset utilization and efficiency, speed-to-guest)
- Developing network strategy recommendations including the optimal use of current assets, expansion of capacity, evaluation of alternative fulfillment models (i.e 3PL, drop-ship) etc.
- Initiating and drive Network Optimization projects from opportunity identification, through scoping, model development, and results delivery
- Developing models, tools, and processes to support ongoing supply chain and network optimization
- Developing network models to support projects including the construction of new fulfillment nodes, the automation of existing distribution centers, flow-path alignment, and the optimization of end-to-end supply chain costs
- Developing network sensitivity analyses for factors effecting the supply chains including demand, transportation costs, labor costs, and capital costs
- Analyzing supply chain and network data through the use of enterprise databases and other data sources (SQL experience strongly preferred)
- Partnering with internal BI resources to obtain required data elements and develop repeatable processes for data acquisition and refreshes
- Interfacing with multiple internal and external departments including Distribution, Transportation, Merchandise Planning, Marketing/eCommerce, Stores, and Finance to gather assumptions and to share network optimization results
- 6+ yrs experience of Supply Chain, eCommerce Operations or Consulting
- Strong strategic mindset, with critical reasoning and qualitative analysis experience
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills
- Extremely strong communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgment in making business decisions
- Enthusiastic, persistent, action-oriented, and a strong sense of accountability
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize work, and operate independently with minimal direction
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills (including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, knowledge/experience setting up databases, tables, and SQL)
- Experience with supply chain network design software (ie - LLamasoft Supply Chain Guru, LogicNetPlus) is a must.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) and analytical skills with a solid understanding of financials of each segment of the supply chain. Ability to develop presentation materials to highlight Network Optimization results, and the business opportunities and value derived from the models.
At Ulta Beauty
(NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful
. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.