professional empowerment. With over 1,200 stores throughout the U.S., designs to expand internationally, and a thriving E-Commerce platform, Ulta Beauty provides its merchandise associates the bandwidth needed to set new trends, identify potential, and take calculated risks. For professionals with an adventurous spirit who thrive in a collaborative context, who are energized by ambiguity and problem-solving, who want to experience the results of their efforts, and who are inspired by the recognition of superior performance-we encourage you to make all of it your own. Discover the possibilities of Ulta Beauty. And experience greater heights of professional success & personal satisfaction. THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The Pricing Operations function is responsible for all aspects of retail promotion and pricing operations at Ulta Beauty. The team partners closely with Merchandising, Marketing, eComm, Store Operations, Guest Services and IT functions to ensure that promotions and price changes are defined and managed effectively to achieve our business objectives. This function plays a critical role in delivering a key component of our merchandising and marketing strategies and has a direct impact on the company's sales and margin performance as well our guest and associate experience.
The Pricing Operations Manager will lead the team to deliver excellent operational performance, strong cross-functional collaboration and outstanding service to our stores and guests. The Manager will serve as a promotion and pricing functional expert and thought leader and help to define and develop the next generation of promotion and pricing systems, processes and organizational capabilities at Ulta Beauty. The Manager will coach and mentor the team members to build a strong talent pipeline in the Pricing organization and support each associate's growth and development. CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
ADDITIONAL CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS:
- Manage all aspects of promotion and price changes from build and activation to testing and QA.
- Lead the team to deliver flawless execution and adhere to high standards of execution and testing.
- Collaborate with partners in Merchandising and Marketing to ensure promotions are defined and set up accurately.
- Work closely with the eComm team to ensure effective promotion execution online.
- Monitor advertising accuracy and compliance to improve guest experience and to minimize business risks.
- Support Store Operations and Guest Services with pricing and promotions questions and issues.
- Lead the development of future Pricing capabilities and provide functional expertise.
- Coach, develop and inspire a high performing team by prioritizing their development and building their capabilities.
- Proven problem solver with excellent analytical skills.
- Strong collaborator who enjoys working in a dynamic, cross-functional setting.
- Has demonstrated ability to proactively identify and mitigate risks.
- Creates a positive uplifting work environment in-line with Ulta's core values.
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Provides honest and constructive feedback.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience managing multiple direct reports.
- Strong comprehension and expertise on promotion and pricing processes and systems.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate to small and larger audiences.
- Ability to provide after hour and weekend on call coverage.
- Minimal travel.
- Experience working in omnichannel / ecommerce retail environment.
- Experience leading systems and business project work/UAT.
- SAP and Micros POS experience or relevant experience.
- Experience managing zone pricing and offer personalization.
- Promotion Optimization/financial analytics experience a plus.
At Ulta Beauty
(NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful
. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.