the possibilities of our progressive, omnichannel approach to beauty retail. At Ulta Beauty, our Marketing team is applying the latest technologies to personalize the buying experience of true beauty enthusiasts-in ways that surprise and delight. Building love and loyalty, one communication, one experience, one brilliant idea at a time. We represent the perfect blend of strategy and creativity. Of tactics and analytics. To make Ulta Beauty a brand guests will advocate for. Growing share of heart. Delivering with disciplined consistency. Whether your deepest passion
is for design or content, strategy or data, or some combination of all things marketing, Ulta Beauty will provide significant latitude to explore your talents and passions, with opportunities to stretch and deepen, to grow and build. Truly, the possibilities are beautiful. THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE
The Corporate Strategy team is responsible for developing the enterprise strategy and long-term vision for Ulta and identifying, evaluating and executing new growth opportunities and strategic initiatives.
The Manager of Corporate Strategy will be responsible for working closely with the Corporate Strategy Team, and with colleagues at all levels and functions in the organization. This individual will help drive the long-term and annual strategic planning processes, supporting problem solving and opportunity evaluation, performing strategic and financial analysis, visioning and creating business cases and executing efforts to develop high potential strategic opportunities. This individual will also support facilitation and alignment to key strategic decisions and serve as a thought partner to leadership.
The individual in this role should have strong ability to structure problems and be comfortable developing approaches to frame ambiguous business issues. This individual will also support competitive intelligence for the enterprise, including comprehensive monitoring and codification of the competitive landscape, tracking the beauty market, and assessing dynamics and shifts in competitors' strategies.
This individual will blend strong analytical capabilities with a strategic mindset and the drive to deliver impact with excellence. YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH ALL OF THIS BY
- Supporting the long-term and annual strategic planning processes, with the Director of Corporate Strategy
- Structuring problems and developing strategic and financial frameworks to address complex, cross-functional and ambiguous business issues
- Defining and bringing forward creative, out-of-the-box thinking to identify white space opportunities - assess and articulate the strategic rational, grounded in data-driven insights, in support of enterprise-wide strategic plan
- Supporting competitive intelligence for both the enterprise and specific functional areas and bringing an analytical mindset to strengthen our understanding of the competitive landscape through data-driven and forward-looking insights
- Exceling in all areas of strategy development at the Manager level, including problem structuring and solving, business analysis, project management, and verbal and written communication
- Facilitating and supporting discussions with Ulta's senior leadership, demonstrating subject matter expertise and ability to move work forward effectively
- Working cross functionally to connect the dots across the organization and to ensure effectiveness of work throughout the year
- Qualified candidates will have at least 5 years of professional experience in Strategy, and at least 2 years of experience at a top-tier management consulting firm is required. Additional requirements include:
- BA/BS required, and MBA strongly preferred
- Strategic mindset with the capability to think broadly, support and facilitate the development and implementation of winning strategies at the enterprise level
- Highly analytical with demonstrated ability to translate data into key insights to drive decisions
- Comfort with ambiguity - ability to synthesize implications and triangulate using various data sources
- Highly motivated - exhibits flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments and to assist with ad hoc projects as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with strong executive presence
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented with a coachable, positive attitude
- Innate inquisitiveness and ability to challenge the status-quo - drive the enterprise to think differently
- Desire to see personal and organizational effort lead to bottom line results
- Comfortable working independently and in collaborative manner in a cross-functional environment
- Experience in retail or consumer products preferred
#LI-JB2 COLORADO PAY RANGE
At this time, Colorado residents are not eligible for this position. ABOUT
At Ulta Beauty
(NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful
. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.