the possibilities of our progressive, omnichannel approach to beauty retail. At Ulta Beauty, our E-Commerce and Digital associates sit at the cutting edge of our efforts to reimagine the future of retail. Through a full suite of new and emerging technologies, this team is creating an enhanced buying experience for guests who crave simplicity, choice, personal insights and the joy of discovery. With greater interactivity. Inspired applications of big data, AI and UI/UX. And creative that persuades and delights. All of this, with the opportunity to experience smart ideas come to life
At Ulta Beauty, we're forever imagining. Forever striving. Forever investing in next-gen-with deep and rich opportunities for ongoing learning, growth and advancement. We encourage you to take control of your career and set your own ceiling. For curious and big-picture thinkers who can flex to the need and who want to stretch themselves through courage and conviction, Ulta Beauty provides an environment perfectly suited to your ambitions. Let's build brilliant together. THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The Lead Product Owner leads a cross-functional agile design and delivery team to bring to life new features and capabilities for guest experiences across all digital touchpoints . In this role, you will lead a team for a specific cluster of capabilities, manage a long-term digital product roadmap, as well as drive execution of new digital capabilities and features focused on driving an improved digital shopping experience with increased engagement and conversion. YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH ALL OF THIS BY:
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- In partnership with the Digital Experience team, collaborate with senior leaders to define and manage a long-term digital product roadmap; use active listening to identify go-to-market strategies and key success criteria that will guide progressive elaboration and evolve into capabilities, features, and releases.
- Manage a team (directly or indirectly) of product owners responsible for a set of capabilities providing thought leadership, guidance, work allocation as well as feedback and career path coaching.
- Harness the power of analytics, customer insights research, and stakeholder feedback to understand guest and business needs, discovering latent gaps, and identify new opportunities to maintain and enhance the digital product roadmap.
- Establish KPIs to measure results for each release or capability delivered; apply lessons learned through quantitative and qualitative feedback to incorporate into future improvements
- Break down concepts into epics, user stories and acceptance criteria as well as review and provide feedback to product owner team to feed into the agile development process and agile development ceremonies (e.g. story workshops, backlog grooming, etc.)
- Develop realistic business case scenarios for new product capabilities in order to support and rationalize resource investments as well as incorporate approved capabilities into long-term roadmap.
- Anticipate industry and product trends, capability prioritization and tradeoffs, and balance business needs versus technical constraints.
Qualified candidates will have 7+ years of experience as a business analyst or digital product owner in eCommerce or related industry driving the roadmap, feature realization and/or operations support for B2C consumer web and/or app. Additional requirements include:
- Ability to communicate relevant details and influence decision making based on the audience and desired outcome, from senior leaders to individual team members responsible for execution
- Deep empathy for the guest experience and identification with our core audience
- Demonstrated experience building strong partnerships across teams (e.g. Product, UX, Design, Merchandising, and Development)
- Ability to clearly organize large goals into an iterative, actionable, and achievable plan
- Capable of balancing between quality and speed of delivery/fast iteration- moving the experience forward in parallel with remaining a stable and growing component of the overall Digital channel
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment, deal with ambiguity, and remain focused on execution
#LI-CH1* COLORADO PAY RANGEABOUT
At Ulta Beauty
(NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful
. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.