Live the experience
. From professional empowerment to continual learning opportunities. From ongoing investment in new and emerging technologies to a career of self-determination. At Ulta Beauty, our tech team is critical to our scalability-and is recognized that way. We've been defined as a "mature start-up." A place where interdepartmental exposure, open doors, and genuine collaboration is ubiquitous. Where challenges come fast and furious, requiring agility, mental dexterity, and creativity. Where our passion for better solutions
drives us and is core to who we are.
We're engineering for the future of retail, and it's no-holds-barred. But for those motivated by continual change and ambiguity, by superior leadership, by whip smart colleagues who will press you daily for your very best, you'll find that virtually nothing's impossible at Ulta Beauty. THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE
The QA Lead champions quality across the SDLC to ensure our technology and digital experiences function as intended and meet the needs of our guests and business. The QA Lead accomplishes this by driving a \"shift left\" culture to prevent defects through traceability and verification from objectives, through requirements, technical design, development, and testing phases, as well as a \"shift right\" focus that also advises on quality and defect capture and root cause through pre-production, release, and post-release support. The QA Lead unlocks value using automated testing techniques to drive speed and agility demanded by our development teams and business partners. CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS
- Develops test strategy document and provides relevant updates throughout project lifecycle
- Develops risk mitigation & contingency plans as they relate to the test strategy
- Owns test script development and execution, data sourcing/data provisioning, defect analysis, and ensuring that proper test result documentation and processes are followed as per the test strategy
- Leads QA test planning meetings and holds team accountable to following test strategy document
- Works with project manager to determine preliminary QA project plan, determines necessary resources, Project Env, and project timeline
- Provides key updates to project manager on test execution and progress as well as validation on test execution quality
- Prioritizes and allocates tasks to multiple contracted resources (onshore and offshore)
- Ensures adherence to quality standards and best practices, and reviews QA deliverables
- Conducts presentations regarding QA status and current issues. Effectively escalates risks and areas requiring management intervention
- Responsible for all aspects of QA testing thru the full project lifecycle (from Blueprinting through Implementation)
- Applies subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve product and process quality (Shift left approach)
- Leverage's automation of regression test scripts to reduce the amount of time and resources required to execute the regression test bed
- Maintains full traceability between requirements, test cases, test execution, and defects
- Prepares and maintain KT documentation for onboarding new analysts and for retaining information for staff roll-off
- Write SQL queries to validate software functions, if applicable.
- Ensure that all aspects of the application have proper testing coverage including Functional, regression, automation, System Integration, Performance, and Acceptance testing
- Collaborate with applications team to ensure that quality standards and business requirements are met within a specified project timeline
- Execute and update automation scripts test cases via automation tools and/or programming (as required)
- Collaborate with test architects, developers, analysts, scrum masters, PMO and business Subject Matter Experts to incorporate test automation for the application under test as part of the overall test approach / test strategy
- Continuously improve test plans for supporting applications to simulate real world user scenarios
- Actively participate in blueprinting and project development meetings such as backlog grooming and sprint planning
- Keep up to date with changes to POS, and iOS hardware and software
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Overall minimum experience of 5 years in Quality Assurance; With 3+ years as a QA lead in Store Operations like POS, Kronos Work Force management, Workjam Task management systems and Mobile Applications
- 3 years Hands-on testing experience with Store & Mobile applications including specific knowledge on REST and SOAP API testing, and Automation testing/scripting/technology/tools experience like Cucumber, Selenium, Appium, Cypress, Tricentis, etc.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in testing Micros POS, Kronos (WFM), Workjam (Task Management) etc., Mobile operating systems/platforms (iOS, Android) and device types (handset, tablet, etc.)
- Hands on experience in managing and driving test automation as part of the overall QA delivery
- Understanding of CI & CD concepts and tools like Jenkins, Harness, CircleCI, TeamCity, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple test events at a time (e.g., functional QA testing overlapping with UAT) and multiple projects at a time
- Demonstrated experience working with and leading of offshore resources
- Strong understanding of Agile/Waterfall/ incremental software development and Business Analysis practices. experience with Agile methodologies, preferably Scrum.
- Understanding of SCM tools like GIT, SVN, etc.
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience designing test strategies and end-to-end test scenarios
- Experience working with JIRA, Zephyr, XRay for test case and defect management
- Must be results oriented, and demonstrate a "can - do" attitude - adaptability, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of various testing types
- Good analytical skills
- Must be able to work in a team and independently without any supervision
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ensure measurable improvement of software quality by identifying, developing, and implementing innovative QA capabilities, strategies, approaches, and services.
#LI-CS1 COLORADO PAY RANGE
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working in Retail applications, such as Store Operations Point of sale (POS), Other retail applications like Store Inventory, loyalty/marketing systems, CRM systems, Mobile (Native application testing is a plus).
At this time, Colorado residents are not eligible for this position. ABOUT
At Ulta Beauty
(NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful
. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.