. With over 1,200 stores throughout the U.S., designs to expand internationally, and a thriving supply chain network, there has never been a greater need for people of high initiative, of big-picture thinking, and adaptability to share in our journey. At Ulta Beauty, we have greater ambitions
. Growing what works. Iterating in areas that have promise. Creating new offerings for industry advantage.
In all of this is the opportunity to experience real impact, to effectuate change, to give wings to a spirit of creativity and entrepreneurism. Because the challenges are multi-faceted and ever-changing. But for those inspired by real-world demands that press and stretch, that call for new and smarter ideas, that require heavy doses of trust and respect, Ulta Beauty encourages you to imagine with us. THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The Inventory Flow Process Owner is responsible for being a subject matter expert on inventory optimization for our limited assortment and full assortment buildings. This role will partner with internal stakeholders and enterprise leaders (Managers, Directors, and VPs) to improve product flow and visibility across our network and will be responsible for leading the implementation of any changes. The Inventory Flow Process Owner will set the strategy for limited assortment buildings and create a playbook for standardizing future expansion. This role will manage several cross functional relationships within ULTA such as Merchandise Planning & Inventory (MP&I), Information Technology, DC leadership, Finance and additional teams across Supply Chain. YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH THESE GOALS BY:
- Act as the supply chain lead for inventory management and flow of limited assortment and full assortment buildings.
- Partner strategically with Merchandise Planning & Inventory (MP&I) and DC's to ensure assortment and building size are optimized for network fulfillment.
- Forecast IB and OB product flow for new buildings and engage with MP&I and DC partners to ensure plan and operations align.
- Determine how often to transfer inventory among the network and what SKUs and quantities to transfer with MP&I.
- Create a playbook for limited assortment buildings and future growth to standardize processes and replicate as needed.
- Support store growth and Store-DC re-balance by improving inventory flow visibility throughout the network and pro-actively finding opportunities for improvement.
- Develop automation tool with MP&I's support to manage inventory flow and forecast risks and opportunities.
- Partner with Manager, S&OP to provide DC visibility to inventory flow and impact to building max capacities.
- Influence and effectively communicate strategy with cross functional enterprise leaders (Supervisors, Managers, Directors, VPs).
- Work as a liaison among stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to product flow.
- Determine continuous improvement opportunities and lead projects to allow the organization to make trade-off decisions quickly with data.
- Create and manage the implementation of any changes through effective stakeholder and change management.
- Provide significant leadership and direction for the portfolio of projects within the strategic initiatives the individual is assigned.
- Plan and manage project execution, ensuring that development projects are delivered on time, on budget, and consistent with specifications.
- Manage, measure, monitor, and mitigate risks to various projects, budgets, and time-lines.
- Collect and report metrics to monitor and optimize project performance.
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
COLORADO PAY RANGE
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years relevant work experience preferably with supply chain and/or inventory management expertise
- Proven success in influencing people, process improvement, and multiple projects/multiple presentation deadlines at one time
- Strong working knowledge in SAP, Word, Excel, Access, and Power-Point
- Ability to speak, present, work, and influence decisions to large and diverse audiences at various levels
- Must be a self-starter and be able to successfully develop and execute against departmental goals with minimal guidance
- Ability to travel as required
- Demonstrate the ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrate the ability to learn within a growing & fast-paced environment
- Lead and facilitate meetings
- Analytical mindset and focus on continuous improvement
- Advanced Excel & MS Office skills required
- Microsoft Power BI knowledge preferred
- Enthusiastic, persistent, action-oriented, and a strong sense of accountability
- Highly motivated with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize work, and operate independently with minimal direction
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, project team and other departments within the organization
- Strong strategic mindset, with critical reasoning and qualitative analysis experience
- Thorough knowledge of business process documentation
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgment in making business decisions
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and time-lines
- Working knowledge of SAP preferred. Must be comfortable learning new software
- Working knowledge of Tableau and able to navigate software
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 20%) to support network expansion
At this time, Colorado residents are not eligible for this position. ABOUT
At Ulta Beauty
(NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful
. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.