. With over 1,200 stores throughout the U.S., designs to expand internationally, and a thriving supply chain network, there has never been a greater need for people of high initiative, of big-picture thinking, and adaptability to share in our journey. At Ulta Beauty, we have greater ambitions
. Growing what works. Iterating in areas that have promise. Creating new offerings for industry advantage.
In all of this is the opportunity to experience real impact, to effectuate change, to give wings to a spirit of creativity and entrepreneurism. Because the challenges are multi-faceted and ever-changing. But for those inspired by real-world demands that press and stretch, that call for new and smarter ideas, that require heavy doses of trust and respect, Ulta Beauty encourages you to imagine with us. THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The Industrial Engineer & Workforce Management process owner is responsible for managing and implementing various productivity improvements, training program, and engineering initiatives to help drive efficiency and service with in the distribution center. This role will partner with internal stakeholders and enterprise leaders (Managers, Directors, and VPs) to optimize product flow across our Distribution Centers and will be responsible for leading the implementation of any changes. Provide engineering support and help achieve facility goals and objectives. In addition, he/she will also be responsible for establishing processes and procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness by optimizing the use of people, process and technology to achieve service excellence. Must combine technical abilities, modeling, problem solving, communication, group dynamic and business skills to analyze, design, build, manage and change processes/concepts. YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH THESE GOALS BY:
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Partnering strategically with enterprise leaders (Managers, Directors, VPs) to define and plan various business applications such as: enterprise strategic initiatives, product flow optimization, best practice process improvement, transitional product strategies, and process automation.
- Supporting distribution safety initiatives. Develop improved methods, including evaluating new processes and/or procedures for a safe environment.
- Developing appropriate schemes and layouts to support processes.
- Analyzing and develop engineered standards utilizing time and motion studies, statistical analysis and manpower planning tools to improve productivity, accuracy and service level.
- Implementing multi-variable engineered standards-based incentive programs as directed.
- Determining the most efficient sequence of operations and work-flow and recommend methods for maximum asset utilization of production facilities and personnel. Implement required improvements in work-flow.
- Creating continuous improvement investigating problems, generating recommendations, and implementing solutions based on the use of analytical tools.
- Adjusting and revitalize standards, procedures, and layouts as needed to reflect changes in policy or procedure.
- Developing work methods, process improvement, ergonomic workstation designs and document process methods
- Analyzing and develop engineered standards utilizing time and motion studies, statistical analysis and manpower planning tools to improve productivity and service level to internal customer.
- Developing improved methods, including evaluating new processes and/or procedures, and the most efficient means of utilizing floor space and time, develop layout to scale using AutoCad.
- Developing a continuous improvement environment challenging the norms and seeking alternative ways.
- Coach, train, and onboard network partners on Continuous Improvement, as well as LM structure, process, and procedures
- Train and execute LM system configuration
- Developing e-learning content to support onboarding, process training, and continuing education of Ulta distribution associates at multiple levels
- Conducting training needs analysis and provide recommendations for continuous improvement
- Manage the tracking and analysis of distribution KPIs to assess performance gaps and develop plans to address via training support
- Provide regular training progress updates to distribution center leadership for associates at all levels
- Provide training and process improvement support to operational teams in multiple departments and shifts to drive improved business results
- Develop and implement training strategies, policies, and procedures for standardization of training methodology
COLORADO PAY RANGE
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering from an accredited college in related discipline.
- 2-4 years' professional relevant experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of Visio and Minitab preferred
- Experience in developing and implementing engineered work standards, LM system and incentive programs
- Ability to manage, drive and accept accountability for project progress, quality, and achieve stated goals.
- Ability to speak, present, work, and influence decisions to large and diverse audiences at various levels
- Demonstrate ability to perform analyses and identify solutions to resolve specific business needs.
- Detail oriented and excellent analytical skills
- Good verbal and written skills to communicate with associates and all levels of management
- Works with management and supervision in the evaluation and development of processes.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills with ability to interface with various levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in team setting.
- Possess good working knowledge of all classical IE techniques including methods improvement, time and motion study, and process development.
- Good understanding of warehousing and physical distribution concepts.
- Must exhibit a strong desire to learn and grow.
At this time, Colorado residents are not eligible for this position. ABOUT
At Ulta Beauty
(NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful
. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.