the possibilities of our progressive, omnichannel approach to beauty retail. At Ulta Beauty, our Marketing team is applying the latest technologies to personalize the buying experience of true beauty enthusiasts-in ways that surprise and delight. Building love and loyalty, one communication, one experience, one brilliant idea at a time. We represent the perfect blend of strategy and creativity. Of tactics and analytics. To make Ulta Beauty a brand guests will advocate for. Growing share of heart. Delivering with disciplined consistency. Whether your deepest passion
is for design or content, strategy or data, or some combination of all things marketing, Ulta Beauty will provide significant latitude to explore your talents and passions, with opportunities to stretch and deepen, to grow and build. Truly, the possibilities are beautiful. THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The Director, Creative Operations will set the vision, strategy, and implementation for overall creative and marketing operations, continually transforming our progressive ways of working, innovative approaches, elevated capabilities, and efficient processes to support an evolving marketing ecosystem. This key marketing leader will be a future-focused thinking, leading change management, and orchestrating the complex inter-working of the marketing team, and the key interdependencies with other functions, like Ecomm and Merchandising.
A successful candidate will be a an experienced leader with organizational savvy, a strategic partner, and a change-agent who will be the connector and lynchpin to the marketing department and other key teams throughout the company, enabling creative excellence, delivering on business and financial goals, and establishing an environment of continuous capability growth and operational improvement.
The Director will partner with design, copywriting/editorial, photography studio, productions teams and store experience teams, as well as closely with the merchandising team, to drive annual planning, resource management, financial management and process improvement across the Ulta Beauty in-house creative studio.
The Director will lead, coach and develop a creative operations team of four direct and indirect reports, inspiring team members to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance. The ideal candidate will be an expert at project management with a proven ability to lead and develop a high-performing team of project managers by building a culture whereby the team is consistently assessing the process and tools for optimal efficiency. Knowledge of marketing, creative concepting & design as well as production and retail are critical to developing innovative solutions that drive efficiency, creativity and stakeholder alignment.
This individual will develop a clear vision, roadmap, and creative infrastructure and operational model(s) to increase timeliness of communications, while supporting the creative development process. The candidate will also be comfortable presenting to and influencing senior leadership, driving business outcomes and gaining alignment across merchandising and marketing organizations. CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Transformative, future focused thinker - constantly re-imagining how the team will enable the changing marketing ecosystem.
- Manage creative, design, and production timelines across multiple creative channel teams (Digital, Print Advertising, Direct Mail, Loyalty, In Store Marketing & Branded Communications, Special Projects).
- Understand the big picture, by creating a vision and future path that considers the intersection of creative with other areas including but not limited to media and data.
- Proven ability to clearly articulate vision and strategy by simplifying the complex and translating it in an impactful way.
- Proven track record of change management and implementation across inter-disciplinary functions.
- Develop end-to-end creative concept annual plan and drive cross-functional engagement and accountability throughout execution.
- Partner with creative directors, design and production teams to lead and facilitate all aspects of the creative production process including strategic briefing and project intake, concept development, photography process and timing, design development and approvals.
- Collaborate with merchandising teams to develop and implement a clear and consistent process supporting alignment, accuracy and accountability.
- Assess and influence business changes that impact cross functional teams; cascade information in a timely manner.
- Facilitate cross functional team meetings to drive to aligned decisions.
- Build, manage, analyze and propose operational changes based on analysis of department data to increase effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Identify, recommend and implement data and technology solutions to optimize workflows.
- Provide growth and development for opportunities for the team, and develop a team culture driving engagement, high performance and collaboration.
- Min 10+ years of relevant Omni-channel marketing, creative operations & project management experience
- Bachelor's or Graduate degree in marketing, communications or general management
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of multidisciplinary creative production workflows including digital, print and in store marketing
- Demonstrated leadership experience within a creative marketing retail environment
- Superior time management, project management, organizational and leadership skills; ability to influence and manage outcomes
- Experience in developing creative operations vision, process, and RACI
- Ability to structure ambiguous problems, analyze complex processes, synthesize data and drive toward insights and solutions
- Strong interpersonal communication skills required
- Proven skills in managing large integrated marketing campaigns with a creative team
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships, particularly across merchandising, marketing, creative design and store experience teams.
At Ulta Beauty
(NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful
. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.