the possibilities of our progressive, omnichannel approach to beauty retail. At Ulta Beauty, our Marketing team is applying the latest technologies to personalize the buying experience of true beauty enthusiasts-in ways that surprise and delight. Building love and loyalty, one communication, one experience, one brilliant idea at a time. We represent the perfect blend of strategy and creativity. Of tactics and analytics. To make Ulta Beauty a brand guests will advocate for. Growing share of heart. Delivering with disciplined consistency. Whether your deepest passion
is for design or content, strategy or data, or some combination of all things marketing, Ulta Beauty will provide significant latitude to explore your talents and passions, with opportunities to stretch and deepen, to grow and build. Truly, the possibilities are beautiful. THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
This role will establish Ulta Beauty as a leading voice in the clean beauty and sustainability spaces. This leader will build and shape Ulta Beauty's newly announced Conscious Beauty at Ulta Beauty™ program, a new initiative for the company, founded with the objective of providing guests transparency and helping them navigate our assortment related to products that align to their personal values - across clean ingredients, cruelty free, vegan, sustainable packaging and positive impact.
This role is responsible for the strategy, execution and evolution of Conscious Beauty at Ulta Beauty, working in partnership with Ulta Beauty leadership and key cross-functional stakeholders including, but not limited to merchandising, marketing, e-commerce, store operations, IT, Legal and external experts / partners.
The Director, Conscious Beauty at Ulta Beauty must demonstrate a critical blend of both strong management and leadership capabilities and a depth of experience and understanding of clean beauty and sustainability. The ideal candidate is proficient at strategy development, critical thinking and program execution with a passion for beauty, sustainability and an aptitude for retail. The ability to influence, advise and manage many cross-functional players across levels is critical YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH THESE GOALS BY:
- Partnering with key internal and external stakeholders, define overall strategy and multi-year execution road-map for Conscious Beauty at Ulta Beauty and fit within Ulta Beauty's broader corporate strategy and vision
- Developing strategy to evolve key program requirements over time (e.g., restricted ingredient list, testing standards, product claims/labels and packaging standards) in concert with emerging consumer needs, market dynamics, competitive positioning, regulatory/legislative context and technological innovations
- Serving as primary point of contact / liaison to industry experts, certification bodies, external partners and advisor's in support of the platform
- Working in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders to define and manage technological capabilities, processes and enablers required to execute and evolve the platform
- Pro-actively monitor and assess the competitive landscape, regulatory/legislative trends and marketplace around clean and sustainable products, retailers, innovations and identify implications for Conscious Beauty at Ulta Beauty in context of Ulta Beauty's overall strategy
- Measuring and track program performance, including platform sales and margin impact, progress to the 2025 product sustainability target, brand participation and performance and social/environmental impact
- Identifying and manage risks of program execution, communicating and preparing internal stakeholders with appropriate risk mitigations
- Partnering across the enterprise to create, define and structure corporate partnerships related to the evolution of the platform defining associate education requirements for the enterprise and work in partnership with training and education functional experts to build and roll-out plan in support of program launch and ongoing development
- Providing support to merchandising team to develop and attract new brand partner relationships around Conscious Beauty at Ulta Beauty
- Partnering with leadership to drive linkage and connection between Conscious Beauty at Ulta Beauty and Ulta Beauty's corporate ESG (Environmental, Sustainability, Governance) strategies
#LI-JB2 THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- 6+ years of relevant sustainability or social responsibility related-work, preferably in a consumer-oriented industry with a focus on beauty (e.g., retail, consumer packaged goods)
- Expertise / experience in ingredients, product development and product sustainability strongly preferred
- Knowledge of sustainable packaging considerations as well as other sustainability issues impacting beauty sector
- Strong experience and capability to develop strategies, assess trends and competitive dynamics and identify white space opportunities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills - ability to identify smart solutions with right level of pragmatism. Attention to details that matter in beauty
- Proven track record of making things happen through cross-functional teams
- Excellent leadership and confident influencing skills - including team leadership, thought leadership, collaboration, partnership across diverse team environments
- Excellent time management, planning, project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple priorities, meet tight deadlines and make ongoing decisions with key stakeholder input
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including sharing ideas and information across diverse audiences and driving to business decisions.
- A bility to synthesize clearly and simplify the complex
- High emotional intelligence/IQ and strong relationship management skills
- Passion for the sustainability and the clean beauty space and evolution of this platform
- Good understanding of retail and merchant culture and dynamics
- Self-starter who can work independently, collaborate and drive an agenda
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to shape, elevate and move planning forward
- Highest level of integrity and good judgment
- Ability to travel up to 10%
At Ulta Beauty
(NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful
. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.