operational excellence. Real investment in personal and professional development. And an ability to make real and beneficial change. The Distribution Centers at Ulta Beauty are a place where lived values meet next-generation advancements to create competitive advantage few can match.
If you want to learn in a supportive and ever-evolving environment. If you value managers who aren't afraid to lead by rolling up their sleeves. If you seek stability, growth opportunities and the rewards that come with industry leadership, apply your talents and passions in ways that take us to even greater heights
. THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
As a DC Maintenance Mechanic at Ulta Beauty, you will serve as a vital resource in ensuring maximum uptime of a variety of material handling equipment to drive optimum efficiency and productivity
. This role requires diverse skill sets to troubleshoot a variety of machines that are essential to the smooth functioning of our Distribution Center. Serving as the Lead Mechanic, you will provide essential guidance on repairs, delegate daily tasks, complete "end-of-shift" handoffs, and serve as the primary point of contact for Managers and Supervisors. With 3000,000+ sq. ft. of space, this is an opportunity to challenge yourself and your maintenance expertise in ways you've always wanted. Let's make it happen for you.
If you want more from your career, you'll accomplish your goals by:
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Maintaining industrial electrical systems, motor controls, and electronics, to include:
- Installing, maintaining and troubleshooting power distribution systems, branch circuits, lighting systems, transformers and wiring methods/materials
- Designing and building specifications for new electrical circuits
- Maintain Material Handling Systems, such as conveyors, case erectors and sortation equipment, to include:
- Installing, maintaining and troubleshooting relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components-photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, Servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, tachs and encoders
- Troubleshooting PLC ladder logic (read use for troubleshooting), components (CPU back plains, I/O boards, counters, modules, and devices) and communications protocols
- Modifying programming codes to change operation of conveyors and interpreting multiple programming code languages
- Maintaining battery powered equipment, to include:
- Performing basic maintenance of powered equipment manufacturers, such as Raymond, Crown, Toyota, etc.
- Maintaining building and grounds
- Performing carpentry work as necessary
- Performing basic troubleshooting of HVAC equipment
- Performing other general warehouse tasks as assigned
- Inputting information in CMMS program; ensuring paperwork completion by all associates at the end of shift, and related duties
Qualified candidates will be certified with HVAC repair, a licensed Electrician or Plumber, with 10+ years' experience performing preventative maintenance and advanced knowledge of Ulta Beauty-specific machinery. Additional requirements include:
- A High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience
- Repair certification for powered equipment
- An advanced knowledge of communication protocols, such as profibus, modbus, devicenet, controlnet, etc.
- A proven ability to troubleshoot all MHE peripherals
- Must be able to communicate on all levels and work well both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated experience with safety procedures on equipment
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- A basic ability to understand written/oral instructions in English
- Ability to follow instructions quickly and accurately and work overtime, as needed
- Flexibility with daily task assignments
- Applying safe lifting techniques for lifting and carrying necessary materials and equipment, to include:
- The ability to lift up to 35 pounds consistently
- The ability to lift, bend, stand and walk 8 hours a day
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Constant exposure to loud noises
- Occasional work in high places
- Exposure to variable temperatures
- Exposure to dusty environment
- May be exposed to strong scents related to cosmetic or fragrance
- May be required to work in narrow aisles or trailers
At Ulta Beauty
(NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful
. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.