professional empowerment. With over 1,200 stores throughout the U.S., designs to expand internationally, and a thriving E-Commerce platform, Ulta Beauty provides its merchandise associates the bandwidth needed to set new trends, identify potential, and take calculated risks. For professionals with an adventurous spirit who thrive in a collaborative context, who are energized by ambiguity and problem-solving, who want to experience the results of their efforts, and who are inspired by the recognition of superior performance-we encourage you to make all of it your own. Discover the possibilities of Ulta Beauty. And experience greater heights of professional success & personal satisfaction. THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The Merchandise Operations Business Analyst will manage the operation, maintenance, and support of defined business systems. This role will support the business and administer the system(s) to drive efficiencies and appropriately leverage our Merchandise system capabilities.
The role will act as business liaison and support role for the Merchandise systems and work collaboratively with Sr/Lead Business Analyst and IT. This role will be responsible for providing system documentation, system administration, system UAT testing, and basic user support. They will determine and document various business requirements; provide/receive information and analysis from various business partners; and participate and support projects. This role will work with cross-functionally with multiple areas of the company such as IT, Supply Chain, HR, Finance/Accounting, and other areas. CORE JOB DUTIES:
- Primary user support and administrator to business partners (internal and/or external) through business requirements, documentation, enhancements, and implementation to ensure system stability and data accuracy
- Support Merchandising, MP&I, and Ecommerce use of the Merchandise system to ensure proper functionality, data, and results. Key role in defining system settings to ensure system performance is accurate and troubleshoot and solve issues that may arise, partnering with IT and other Merch Ops centers of excellence
- Manages the administration of the Merchandise system including reviewing and implementing changes in system parameters and formats; and coordinating and/or modifying system parameters, improvements and/or enhancements
- Oversees the formulation and definition of small system scope and objectives as well as development of detailed systems specifications/documentation
- Drive consistency and processes across the various business areas including training and documentation as needed
- Supports/helps business partners by providing coordination and assistance such as interpretation of requirements; troubleshooting, requirements; and system definition
- Ensures change controls, compliance, risk management, business continuity activities for all business systems.
- Attention to detail and making connections between multiple topics
- Ability to investigate/problem solve and get to the root cause of certain problems
#LI-68855203_DF1 THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of one to two years direct work experience in business analysis, process improvement/best practices or ability to prove knowledge of best practices
- BA/BS or equivalent or previous work experience
- Working knowledge of Merchandising, Ecommerce, Omni-Channel and Supply Chain system and processes
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines while using analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
COLORADO PAY RANGE
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Capability to translate technical concepts into non-technical terms
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficient in collaboration and strong sense of accountability
- Capability to work cross functionally with IT to assist in the translation of technical concepts into non-technical terms
- Demonstrated ability to take complex thoughts or ideas and simplify them for business or technical partners
- Retail business background with strong process and systems acumen
- Possesses the expert knowledge to identify opportunities for change and the ability to convey the need for change.
- Applied knowledge of applications development methodologies (SDLC)
- Preferred experience with SAP (S4 would be a plus)
- Preferred experience with PIM/PXM systems
At this time, Colorado residents are not eligible for this position. ABOUT
At Ulta Beauty
(NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful
. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.