About The Position
Lead a team of highly engaged operators in the production of Trinchero Family Estates brands. Coordinate and facilitate the planning, staffing, training and operation of state of the art, highly automated high speed bottling lines. Provide safety leadership while demonstrating safety as the number one value. Support all quality efforts while ensuring quality requirements are met or exceeded. Lead and participate in continuous improvement efforts centered on all aspects of the production environment: safety, quality, environment, delivery and cost. Develop, sustain and improve quality and food safety systems and processes.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Lead (coach, mentor and develop) production line employees, including Rovers and Line Captains assigned to each line
- Lead the team in the monitoring and troubleshooting of production line operations, to include the following:
- Ensure all packaging elements are correct per the specifications prescribed for each individual package format
- Responsible for communicating to Department Leadership any potential or realized problems with wine product, wine packaging, packaging equipment or personnel
- Report production throughput, down time, and production status in a timely manner to Department Leadership
- Ensure product quality standards are met
- Coordinate cross-functionally to ensure Production Schedules are met or when any changes occur
- Understand and demonstrate ability to act on Emergency Response Plan (drills, actual)
- Take lead during, or coordinate first aid incidents. Trained in First Aid, CPR and Bloodborne Pathogens.
- Responsible for facilitating safety tailgate meetings and for appropriate documentation
- Report bottling line observations to Production Manager
- Responsible for plant sanitation and monitoring action plans to maintain sound GMP’s and orderly housekeeping in support of SQF Level 3
- Responsible for ensuring a safe working environment. Take immediate action to correct safety issues and notify Leadership
- Responsible for ensuring company policies are followed by all employees
- Understands crew competencies and develops and implements training schedule to ensure business objectives are met.
- Ensures compliance to all OSHA, State and Federal regulations with regard to Workplace rules and environment.
- Participates in career planning and personal development of Team Members
- Conducts annual, timely performance reviews for Team Members. Provides recommendations for annual salary increases and bonuses.
- Generate Production KPI Report. Reconcile Production and Quality records at end of shift.
- Understand and comply with all Quality related activities related to Bottling Production and all SQF Level 3 and/or ISO 9001 standards and guidelines.
- Understand and practice Servant Leadership Philosophy in support of evolving workplace culture.
- Participate in budget development and reviews. Understand cost structure and impact of line production operations to overall costs. Take tactical and timely actions to ensure business objectives are met.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Operations Department Strategy and participate in the development and execution of the Department Action Plan.
- Identify Continuous Improvement opportunities against the following categories; Safety, People, Quality, Environment, Delivery and Cost. Facilitate Continuous Improvement Workshops.
- Own the Production Bottling Schedule. Participate in regular Planning standard work and ensure tactical decisions are executed on time and accurately as issues arise. Understand the enterprise-wide impact of schedules/changes and minimize perturbations while coordinating changes.
- Communicate information, training and feedback regarding department performance (quality, cost, people, safety, etc.) via presentation, go-to, tailgate and one-on-one format.
- Education: BA or BS degree strongly desired.
- Experience: 2 or more years of supervisory experience in manufacturing environment desired, preferably food and/or beverage manufacturing
- Ability to work all shifts, including swing shift and graveyard, and occasional weekends.
- Multi-tasking skills/abilities and experience in a fast-paced production environment
- Ability to verbally communicate clearly and concisely. Presentation skills/experience desired.
- Able to generate accurate, grammatically correct written reports and documentation
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and the capacity and potential to be an effective team developer and leader.
- Possess mid-level computer skills. Good knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Knowledge of standard production processes, policies and procedures
- Excellent safety record/knowledge
- Moderate to heavy physical work and standing for long periods of time (up to 8 hours/day).
- Work site may be any Trinchero Family Estates facility
- Must comply with all safety personal protective equipment requirements including ear plugs and safety glasses
- May be exposed to various chemicals in production areas
- May be required to operate machinery, forklifts and related production equipment
- May be required to work long and irregular hours during peak periods or on rotating shifts as needed
- Extensive walking and lifting of up to 40 pounds