About The Position
The Heritage Portfolio Field Sales Specialist is responsible for sales execution in our top on and off premise fine wine accounts, leading and achieving business plans and performance objectives within assigned markets.
The Heritage Portfolio Field Sales Specialist is responsible for sales execution in our top on and off premise fine wine accounts, leading and achieving business plans and performance objectives within assigned markets. This position is responsible for the implementation and execution of strategic sales initiatives to increase business opportunities and generate revenue from key and target accounts, leading a distributor sales team, collaborating, integrating and communicating within the Trinchero Family Estates sales teams. Build relationships with customers and distributor representatives throughout their respective region to deliver company goals and objectives. Collaborate with respective sales teams to deliver a clear and consistent message defining direction and expectations for our TFE team and implement systems and checkpoints to monitor success. The Heritage Portfolio Sales Specialist will spend approximately 90% of time executing sales in assigned marketplace and 10% preparing.
The following reflects the essential functions for this job. Leadership may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or the needs of the business.
• Responsible for executing sales to our top key accounts utilizing the 80/20 rule.
• Provide leadership, coach, guide, mentor and develop our TFE and distributor sales team for optimal execution and results. Build respectful relationships – promote an environment of trust and open communication.
• Apply your expertise to effectively teach and train key distributor staff and TFE teams about our Heritage and Spirit brands.
• Responsible for execution of key sales drivers.
• Research and develop key account and target lists utilizing the 80/20 rule and maintain this list in KARMA.
• Participate in community events and activities while representing the winery in a manner consistent with our values and goals.
• Responsible for utilizing sales tools (KARMA, VIP, Nielsen, Power BI) effectively to grow existing business, identify new opportunities and track key initiatives.
• Regularly monitor and analyze market performance to ensure goals are on track to be met.
• Educate distributor partner sales managers with the Heritage portfolio wines
• Communicate market success stories, brand education, information and key market visits via e-mail to your distributor team and TFE team
• Collaborate across all departments and champion the Trinchero Family Estates "One Team" approach.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing, or related field.
• Experience: Significant sales execution management experience with increasing levels of responsibility for strategy and program development.
• Experience with selling fine wine with recommended accreditation.
• Proven success in leading, training, coaching and mentoring high-performance teams.
• Demonstrated leadership and successful track record of achieving results.
• Strong business acumen: know the industry, competition, and trends affecting the business.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication, presentation, negotiation and conflict management skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office Suite and software applications related to job functions.
• Knowledge of state and federal liquor laws required.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record.
• Frequent travel, both by car, air or train
• Ability to lift at least 45 pounds (case of wine)
• Regular working schedule to include evenings and weekends
• Long and irregular hours during peak seasons and/or special events
• Moderate to heavy physical work
Focus on Our Customers, Lead & Influence Our Partners